DM Native Clemmensen gets start in goal

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
Des Moines native, and former Buc Scott Clemmensen will get his first playoff start in goal for the Florida Panthers tonight.

Florida Panthers goaltender Scott Clemmensen to get first career playoff start - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Very good backstory, he was the #2 goalie behind Martin Brodeur with the Devils and the two will face off tonight in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Big deal for a guy who was born and raised in Des Moines. To my knowledge I think he's the only native Iowan in the NHL.

bowlfan912

Feb 15, 2010
Ames,IA
I'm for one with the great brawls and decent hits. Wish that crawford and smith would've fought on Tuesday, then there are some people who hate these fights. I get the brutal acts (Weber,Torres,anyone on the penguins) but with a fight filled game it may attract fans.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Des Moines native, and former Buc Scott Clemmensen will get his first playoff start in goal for the Florida Panthers tonight.

Florida Panthers goaltender Scott Clemmensen to get first career playoff start - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Very good backstory, he was the #2 goalie behind Martin Brodeur with the Devils and the two will face off tonight in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Big deal for a guy who was born and raised in Des Moines. To my knowledge I think he's the only native Iowan in the NHL.

Urbandale native.... C'mon Man!

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Do you realize that your thread title is very confusing to the hockey illiterate? What goal is he getting a start towards? I thought this was going to be some oddball thread about a man who is starting to work on his goal to collect toasters from all 50 states.

"DM Native Clemmensen Starts at Goalie" might make more sense.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Do you realize that your thread title is very confusing to the hockey illiterate? What goal is he getting a start towards? I thought this was going to be some oddball thread about a man who is starting to work on his goal to collect toasters from all 50 states.

"DM Native Clemmensen Starts at Goalie" might make more sense.

I watch zero hockey and understood the thread title.