Do We Have a Reputation For Booing?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think we boo the refs more than anything and usually deservedly soo most of the time. Many times even this year coach Mac is really worked up over something at the start of a timeout and the crowd is usually booing in displeasure of whatever just happened too. The only times we've ever really booed a player was some of the Iowa guys when Iowa is in town and the guys that left Iowa to play at KU. Or a few of the hated guys that did something disrespectful like the Harrison boys for example and I think Heskett from Oklahoma back around 2000 that flipped off the Hilton crowd once. For the most part we've been pretty good though, rarely have we booed our own team or really let another team have it with the boos or chants.

I'd just like to get back to our winning ways so they can complain more about us beating them than petty things like this.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
LOL, that was an interesting thread. I went from booing, to who has the better history in sports, to what campus is more nice, to what campus is the biggest dump in the Big 12, back to booing, to game predictions, back to who has the best sports tradition, and back to what campus is prettier.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
It's just KU fans. Their opinion of anything that deals with Iowa State has always meant nothing to me and it will always be that way. That thread that was linked earlier is a prime example of the stupidity that goes on in Lawrence. When you're less than a page into a thread about another school and they're already down to the "Well our town is better than your town" argument, that's all you really need to know about the intelligence you're dealing with. I'll give KU fans a Marty Tirrell "good job outta you!" and leave it at that.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
As I said last year, I think half the booing last year was the students going "Huuuuuu!" for Jiri. :wink:

Let them talk. KU fans live at the top of the world right now, and think their team can do no wrong. Sure, we booed the refs a lot last year's game, and I felt bad until I saw the ISU/KU game in Lawrence on TV last year. If you looked hypocrisy up in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of a Jayhawk.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
Don't let them act like they boo any less than anyone else. This year I heard the whole crowd booing a close call when they were up 25 points on some nobody.

ISU fans might boo a lot and if so it's probably because we have a pretty big chip on our shoulder about a lot of things.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Don't let them act like they boo any less than anyone else. This year I heard the whole crowd booing a close call when they were up 25 points on some nobody.

ISU fans might boo a lot and if so it's probably because we have a pretty big chip on our shoulder about a lot of things.

I think this is a fair assessment. Some crowds boo on everything. I dont see us doing that.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
When you are in 11th place, you should have the right to boo any team comig toHilto.

BOO Miles Brand.

Kansas people boo also. That is why their mascot is really the Bloobird.

Last edited:

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
anyone watch the kstate game last night? if so Hilton does not boo as much as them, and fans at hilton don't throw stuff on the court!!

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Wen you arin 11 th place, youshould hav the right toboo any team comig toHilto.

BOO Miles Brand.

Kansas people boo also. That is why their mascot is really the Bloobird.

Really? I always thought it looked like a standing blue turkey...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is their Superbowl week. They can play Kansas this Saturday to win their state.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO

pretty sure that game where they were booing and they were up 25 was against Iowa State.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I contributed to their boooooooing thread. I know, I know, I should know better than to try and discuss anything on a KU board. All I said was that I've heard plenty of booing in AFH. But according to them, they only boo when there is an obvious bad call against KU. Please. just about any call against them you hear plenty of it.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I believe this is referred to as "The Pot Calling The Kettle Black"..... I'd like to think we boo at the appropriate times within a game. However, Kansas and Duke should not be pointing fingers as they boo any and everything.

Z

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron