• No

Votes: 199 65.7%

• Total voters

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Will there be minor league baseball? If so, then no, not really. At least I can catch an occasional iCubs game.

What exactly do the players want? I haven't really been following and I don't care to Google it.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Yes. I have trips planned to see the Brewers on the road. My 30th, yikes, is this summer and I am planning to have a big tailgate at the game. Brewers baseball is how I unwind and relax at night, or unnecessarily raise my heart rate and damage my liver. I'm not sure I can spend another summer watching old seasons of reality shows. Might have to find a part time job at night.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I like baseball and hope there is a season but if they say miss the month of April it won't make me all that upset. I want a shorter season anyways.

Also if they do some stuff to help the pace of play in this agreement then even better.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I've heard the minors are going to play good enough for me. Millionaires and Billionaires fighting doesn't matter to me.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Baseball used to be fun for me. Years of my team toiling in mediocrity paired with the inability to ever watch games on TV and now this drama between players and owners has my interest at an all time low. I don't think I'll miss it until that stretch between the NBA Finals and start of football season where baseball is really the only live sports option

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
After the Cubs won the WS, I definitely do not watch as much as I used to. I do still throw it on when I’m not doing anything else in the summer and it’s something to gamble on. With that said, I’m fine if the season doesn’t start until May

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Would much rather go to a St. Paul Saints game then go watch the Twins. So long as they’re playing I don’t care much.

No sympathy for a bunch of people making 30 million a year to play a game. It’s so tone deaf right now given state of affairs in our country and around the world.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I’m a huge baseball fan. Hard to envision a summer without it. At the same time, apathy will start to set in the longer this mess drags on.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Will there be minor league baseball? If so, then no, not really. At least I can catch an occasional iCubs game.

What exactly do the players want? I haven't really been following and I don't care to Google it.

It’s on the owners, it’s a lockout, not a strike. The players have moved more on their demands than the owners have.

• Winner
Reactions: Hoggins and Skyh13

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm a big fan in the spring and summer, but the season is way too long and I turn my attention completely to college football in Aug/Sept/Oct.

The owners and players better be careful because right now MLB needs the fans way more than the fans need MLB.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’m a lifelong baseball fan. Normally I purchase the MLB app so I can watch Cardinals games. This crap is wearing me out.

It’s almost like they want to kill the sport. You’ve got a product that has been struggling to stay relevant for 10 years. An organization (MLB) that willingly restricts the ability for people to consume its product (blackouts). Then the pandemic hits and you have no fans for 1.5 years. Now you’re cutting the season short for what amounts to greed. It’s so stupid.

I love spring training because it means summer is almost here. I almost never watch a game but having the highlights pop up online signifies that summer is almost here. We’ll be lucky to get games before Memorial Day at this rate.

My interest in the sport is waning. I already have less time to watch games because of family time and young kids. At best I’ll listen to games in the car. I don’t see myself doing much more to watch games anymore. MLB just makes it too difficult.