Do you have cat(s)? A funny for you

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I thought this hilarious. I lost my great friend of 18 years a year ago. Boy, he was a genius at avoiding swallowing pills.

Many minutes after thinking he had swallowed a pill, he'd spit it out. Wound up getting liquid med to apply inside his ears from specialized Arizona pharmacy, probably the only time I outsmarted Bogart.

Hercules giving Cat a pill.jpg

Last edited:

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Growing up, my family usually had 1 cat and 1 dog. After college and getting married we always had 1 dog (about 20 years with no cat).

Recently, for no reason at all, my wife decided we needed a cat. I of course objected saying why in the world do we need a cat. We have plenty going on and the last thing we needed was another dependent. I know, I know, cats are easy. I grew up with them.

Well, the cat arrived in November. And I had been sick ever since. Then it dawned on me that I might be allergic. And despite me not wanting the cat, he of course has picked me as his favorite person in the house. FML. Allergy test is on Tuesday... but I would be floored if I'm not allergic.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
And despite me not wanting the cat, he of course has picked me as his favorite person in the house. FML. Allergy test is on Tuesday... but I would be floored if I'm not allergic.

Hey, I sympathize. Cats do what cats will do. I love their independance. Lap dogs, they're not; I appreciate they make their own choices.

I so hope your allergies originate elsewhere. (I'm thinking of the cat, not you ; - )

Best

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I used to think cats were all introverted, condescending ass holes. Now as I’ve grown older into a middle aged man, I understand them and appreciate those traits on an entirely better level.

Cats are just misunderstood I feel like.

Dogs are easy. You treat them well and they'll typically accept any kind of interaction you'll give them.

Cats are more like a human relationship. You have to be willing to respect their boundaries, and different cats will have different boundaries. They'll usually warm up more over time. Too many people try to act like a cat is a dog and jump right in with way too much affection, more than the cat is comfortable with yet, and assume the cat is just an ******* for rejecting them.

Both are great in their own ways though.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Dogs are easy. You treat them well and they'll typically accept any kind of interaction you'll give them.

Cats are more like a human relationship. You have to be willing to respect their boundaries, and different cats will have different boundaries. They'll usually warm up more over time. Too many people try to act like a cat is a dog and jump right in with way too much affection, more than the cat is comfortable with yet, and assume the cat is just an ******* for rejecting them.

We are dog people and have a dog. Our best friend here in FL is a cat person and she even volunteers at a cat shelter and brings home little bitty ones that need constant attention to foster.

She got a new kitten for herself about a year ago and she wanted to acclimate her to a lot of different situations including dogs so we started bringing our dog down for visits. It was interesting to see how they tried to interact but communicate so completely different. She was telling me what the cat was thinking or reacting to and I had no clue. Meanwhile I was telling her what our dog was thinking and reacting to and it was very interesting and enlightening

After a year they are completely comfortable around each other. Not affectionate except once. When our friend was gone and we were checking on the cat twice a day we would bring our dog down too. The cat was so starved for company she actually came up to the dog and started rubbing against him. Was cool to see the level of familiarity had led to that.

Last edited:

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Growing up, my family usually had 1 cat and 1 dog. After college and getting married we always had 1 dog (about 20 years with no cat).

Recently, for no reason at all, my wife decided we needed a cat. I of course objected saying why in the world do we need a cat. We have plenty going on and the last thing we needed was another dependent. I know, I know, cats are easy. I grew up with them.

Well, the cat arrived in November. And I had been sick ever since. Then it dawned on me that I might be allergic. And despite me not wanting the cat, he of course has picked me as his favorite person in the house. FML. Allergy test is on Tuesday... but I would be floored if I'm not allergic.
You’ve been putting up with this since November? Ditch the cat man.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I got lucky with my cat. She's very affectionate, and picked me as her person. The other 2 humans in my house are 2nd fiddle.

Hahaha same I was doing a job in the country a couple of years ago and this damn cat wouldnt leave me alone so I got the cat for free. Next thing I know my kids thought he needed a buddy and here we are.

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
Hey, I sympathize. Cats do what cats will do. I love their independance. Lap dogs, they're not; I appreciate they make their own choices.

I so hope your allergies originate elsewhere. (I'm thinking of the cat, not you ; - )

Best
Our cat loves me especially. Within five minutes of me sitting or lying down he’s almost always there to jump on my lap.

He will not sit on anyone else’s lap. I’ve heard cats are especially attuned to those with great intelligence and handsomeness.

Edit: And to those with great humility.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
After a year they are completely comfortable around each other. Not affectionate except once. When our friend was gone and we were checking on the cat twice a day we would bring our dog down too. The cat was so starved for company she actually came up to the dog and started rubbing against him. Was cool to see the level of familiarity had led to that.

I view tons of cat photos, it appears to me that cat-dog friendship is a common thing.

1713060693167.png

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My dog has no time for the cats but she is a 100 lb dog that could care less. Especially during dinner time.

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Am I a cat?

Conspiracy Keanu | Know Your Meme