Do you think the same could be said in Iowa?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I see it as an issue of doing what you can for your community/state. When I do something I do it because it's the right thing. Maybe others only do the right thing when they think they can be effective. Again, I hope our athletes always give their finest, even when others don't believe they can win.

I'm also not commenting on the outcome for our conference alignment. Maybe we are now better off. That does not change the fact that our allies in this battle were not from Iowa. That is a disappointment, regardless of the outcome.

What battle? There was never any battle, as ISU (the school) was never in a position where it was going to shut down, or lose a great deal of money, or have a severe decline in enrollment.

Mason's vote for Nebraska was not a vote against Iowa State. What is so hard about that to understand?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Redhawk,

Iowa fans see ISU (athletics and academics) as an impediment to the UofI. Most would love to see the Cyclones dissolve and ISU be consumed as University of Iowa at Ames. Iowa fans want to be the only game in town a la UNL and Wisconsin.

Some, sure. All, no.