Does Dan Patrick have the best job in the world?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I am working at home today with a sick child and have the show on the TV. He sits around and talks sports like I do with my buddies for a living! Not to mention he gets to interview all the big names and on breaks he hits some golf balls or shoots hoops in the studio.

His job certainly doesn't suck.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm guessing there is quite a bit of show prep that goes into that show. I believe that when he left ESPN he basically started his own show so he does a lot of the stuff that would be left to others in a bigger corporation. I think that Mike and Mike have a better gig.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I'm guessing there is quite a bit of show prep that goes into that show. I believe that when he left ESPN he basically started his own show so he does a lot of the stuff that would be left to others in a bigger corporation. I think that Mike and Mike have a better gig.

I used to think Mike and Mike were funny. Now all their show does is tout ESPN products/shows. Just not that funny anymore.

I think Patrick jokes all the time that they do actually zero prep and just show up and work. They always make fun of themselves how they can't even get an online poll up. I think Dan Patrick show is the best sports radio show out there. It's random, funny and can be serious as well.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
The answer is yes.
He does have the greatest job in the world. Even if there is a lot of prep, so what? He spends 3 hours a day doing radio, say he even has to do 3 hours of prep (which is crazy, he doesn't). That's still 6 hours of work, probably a million dollars a year, and he gets to talk sports all the time. It would be fantastic.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Dan's old sidekick baseball buddy at one time had the best job. All he had to do was to listent to Dan for a few hours...

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I got to watch the show today as well and that Hawkeye shirt that Pauley was wearing about made me gag.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
not to mention the andrews sisters. cant believe no one has posted that pic yet. i would if i wasnt at work.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
DP is my favorite radio host and after watching the show on TV, I can't think of another job that I'd want to do.

Now, let's not forget, DP had to pay his dues big time to get to this point. The man has earned a gig like this.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
not to mention the andrews sisters. cant believe no one has posted that pic yet. i would if i wasnt at work.

Good point

dan-patrick-andrews-sisters.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron