Does the media have to say I-State

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I was just watching Sound Off and Andy asked if he could say Iowa State and Keith told him I-State. Has JP asked the media to refer to us as I-State?:wideeyed:

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Yeah, I noticed that too...I hope they don't have to say that whenever talking about ISU. That is just stupid. :smile:

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Yeah I think Andy was being a smart-***...But I couldn't care less about people saying ISU/I-State/Iowa State...I like them all...

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
I've already started referring to it as istate

trust me it rolls off the tongue.

"Where you goin for college?"
"Istate"

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I didn't even realize Soundoff was on tonight, I thought it was still closing ceremonies. I missed the first few minutes of it, but when I finally realized it was on, it was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen! Andy's rant on the state fair, Andy's impersonation of Bela, and of course all of the clips from the past 600 episodes, I don't think I've ever laughed harder in my life! And did I mention B-Ross rules because he's an ISU fan!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I've already started referring to it as istate

trust me it rolls off the tongue.

"Where you goin for college?"
"Istate"

seriously - to me I-State does NOT roll off the tongue and I won't be using it unless referring to the logo. I don't care if it becomes the "popular" thing to do - it just sounds incredibly dopey...

Reactions: CyGuy33

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
This is a conversation that this family should have had a long time ago.

"...and when we hit that line we'll hit it hard, ev'ry yard, for I-State."

Mmmmmm........ no.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
This was one of my biggest criticisms of the new logo... I hope the national media does not refer to us as I-State. If they do, they'll probably make the same blunders they always have and call us the "I-State Hawkeyes..." Damn that hurt to actually type out...

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I bet it would really roll off the tougue if the Media refered to us as
''Defending Big 12 Champions I-State takes the field Thursday to shoot some rabbits." The bad thing is that jersey's and logos look a lot better if you win. It will be interesting if people make fun of our Jersey this year. Because you won't see that same person poking fun at USC.

Just win....

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Pretty sure Pollard said that we wouldn't start using the term i-state when the logo was announced. That said, the logo certainly does push the term out there. I've thought about the possibility of using it, but no matter how much I try, I just don't like the sound of it. I'd rather stick with ISU.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I was just watching Sound Off and Andy asked if he could say Iowa State and Keith told him I-State. Has JP asked the media to refer to us as I-State?:wideeyed:

I hope not. Remember how rediculous it was when TCU asked the media to NOT refer to them as Texas Christian University? Hopefully Jamie and Company won't require the same thing.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It was inevitable when the new logo was released. We are now I-State. Prepare to be assimilated.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
It was inevitable when the new logo was released. We are now I-State. Prepare to be assimilated.

Obligatory Borg reference:

borg_1.jpg

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I bet it would really roll off the tougue if the Media refered to us as
''Defending Big 12 Champions I-State takes the field Thursday to shoot some rabbits." The bad thing is that jersey's and logos look a lot better if you win. It will be interesting if people make fun of our Jersey this year. Because you won't see that same person poking fun at USC.

Just win....

HAHA I do like the sound of that!:yes: