Don’t “donate” to “The Collective”.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Donate to the AD. Don’t split your donations up, don’t go down a level to contribute to the Pay to Play scheme. This is what helping actually looks like. “NIL” is just a siphoning of important funds to agents and players that will come and go. Don’t fall for it, don’t be part of the problem.

Also if you have extra to donate then give to your academic area of choice. There’s a bunch of departments and every day students that can use your help.

Edit: @rochclone brought up a great point. I made an edit to the thread title and want to clarify that giving money to “The Collective” is a payment, not a donation.

Last edited:

Occupy Hilton

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2022
Donate to the AD. Don’t split your donations up, don’t go down a level to contribute to the Pay to Play scheme. This is what helping actually looks like. “NIL” is just a siphoning of important funds to agents and players that will come and go. Don’t fall for it, don’t be part of the problem.

Also if you have extra to donate then give to your academic area of choice. There’s a bunch of departments and every day students that can use your help.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Dude, you can't solve all the worlds problems. By. Yourself.

Give it some time. Let this play out. I often appreciate your opinion and rationale. And while this might be your opinion I don't think it needs to be posted in this time frame. I guess that is my opinion.

Reactions: ianjbark3r

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

What’s my ROI if I donate to the History Department? I hear that department can’t compete with Engineering School so I’m not sure why I would donate.

Actively campaigning against the collective is a bold move. Im guessing free Iowa State fan sites with great writers don’t survive if we aren’t competitive at the P5 level.

Last edited:

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Don’t donate or spend on ISU at all. Why are we spending nearly $100 million on kids playing a game? on kids that come and go!

Instead, let’s convince JP it’s time to close shop and move to club sports only. Get ahead of the rest of the herd when NCAA vs Johnson rules athletes as employees.

So what if we’re the only former P6 in the herd. Honor before victory!

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Don’t donate or spend on ISU at all. Why are we spending nearly $100 million on kids playing a game? on kids that come and go!

Instead, let’s convince JP it’s time to close shop and move to club sports only. Get ahead of the rest of the herd when NCAA vs Johnson rules athletes as employees.

So what if we’re the only former P6 in the herd. Honor before victory!
leaders always get arrows in the back, but eventually, they get statues.

Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
leaders always get arrows in the back, but eventually, they get statues.

I’m guessing we are okay sacrificing the Olympic sports as well when fb and mbb go to CUSA. It’s really simple. Keep your donations with Cyclone Club at the current level. If you can donate to the collective then do so.

• Agree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron