do's and don'ts of the best man's wedding speech

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
hyper-jerseyshore.gif
Listen pal, if you weren’t blood and mom wouldn’t have **** her pants, your dooshy ass wouldn’t have even been invited.

• Otz
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and JP4CY

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Dont talk about how hot the bride’s sister is. My cousin went to a wedding where the best man had a few drinks and repeatedly mentioned this during the speech.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Dont talk about how hot the bride’s sister is. My cousin went to a wedding where the best man had a few drinks and repeatedly mentioned this during the speech.
I was going to say don't mention how hot the bride is and that you know from experience

• Haha
Reactions: ScottyP

neiacy

Apr 11, 2006
Don't read it off your cell phone. If anything, take an index card and list a few things you want to talk about and talk about, don't read it. Less is more!

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I believe a handkerchief to the corner of the eye once or twice is a nice touch. Suck up to the new inlaws for those few days before the wedding and reference them as the awsome people they seem to be in the two days you have known them. A bit of self pity or jealousy of the new wife taking your place, offer your friendship and gaurantee you will be there when needed. Take that and expand to the occasion/person, you will be good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you think it’s a solid couple be nice and just tell a light hearted joke or two along with a little background story that is clean.

If you believe the marriage will be doomed in a few weeks or a month say how you were surprised they were getting married because the groom only met the bride in a three way and after she gave him the clap, decided he might as well have some fun.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Short and classy is the way to go.

I kind of hated my niece’s husband after the speeches, which went on 90 minutes between two best men, two maids of honor, and four parents.

I took one of the rambunctious kids out when one of the best men was talking, came back a half hour later, and he is still saying stuff none of the kids or anyone needed to hear.

Really glad I got married in the 80’s when it was a lot more simple.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Short and classy is the way to go.

I kind of hated my niece’s husband after the speeches, which went on 90 minutes between two best men, two maids of honor, and four parents.

I took one of the rambunctious kids out when one of the best men was talking, came back a half hour later, and he is still saying stuff none of the kids or anyone needed to hear.

Really glad I got married in the 80’s when it was a lot more simple.

Drunken Maid of Honor speeches are the worst. So much crying and blubbering.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Know thy audience and know thy groom.
I had one where I had to get up on a stage on the other end of the head table. I look out and no one is listening to the maid of honor and every one is just talking. So I figured screw it and have a toast that was pretty much an insider one and skipped what I had originally planned, since noone was listening.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just tell them how much you care about them and reflect on something you and he share from a while back. Nostalgia brings out the feels every time.

That's what I did when toasting for my friend. Of course the sensitive, mushy stuff is what I do best.

Last edited:
Reactions: carvers4math

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Presenting a slideshow of the bride in bed with the future father-in-law and a Dalmatian shepherd is always a sure laugh-getter.