Down goes Iowa

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Downs is the worst. The absolute worst. I actually really like Ross P. He's one of the most decent Hok fans around.
Downs is fine. Trent acts like a giant douche. Ross has had a significant change in on-air behavior (for the better) after his “the world is about to go back to how it’s supposed to” rant when Skeletors team hit the top 5

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So Fran complains that the game was too physical for his pansies, and that Richmond wasn't called for enough fouls.... and then says "but you have to give all the credit to Richmond". What a jerk. Tries to give all the credit to Richmond only after basically saying Iowa lost because of the refs.

That was not a physical game. At all.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Enough said. Hawkeye tears are delicious.
All I can say is lololololololol ….I kept telling people Purdue was their one legit win wtf was the hype? Anyone can look hot playing northwestern, Rutgers and Indiana

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

vacyclone

Nov 17, 2012
I mentioned this in another thread but will repeat here. I did my MBA at Richmond and still live less than 10 minutes from the campus. While I'm a MUCH bigger ISU fan, I follow the Spiders as my #2 team. They returned a ton of experience and were picked #2 in the A-10 pre-season. I was really surprised that they struggled so much earlier in the season, but obviously they've figured out some things in the last month. I watched each of their games in the A-10 tournament, and I knew they had a decent shot of pulling off the upset if they played to their potential.

Their biggest weakness is that their posts (especially Golden) are a little soft, but I didn't think Iowa had the muscle to take advantage. Cayo is decent but he played awesome today. I love Gilyard's game and knew that his quickness would be an advantage against Iowa's guards, and I thought that Burton's athleticism would be a good match for Murray. In sum, this was a great matchup for Richmond and they took advantage of the opportunity. It's always a good day when your 2nd-favorite team beats your least-favorite team! Go Spiders!

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
Iowa fans:
There are kids in preschool who were born after the last time ISU beat us in football!

Also Iowa fans:
Ignore the fact that they will no longer have any players on their team who were already born the last time they made a Sweet 16 appearance.

Reactions: MugNight

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Downs is fine. Trent acts like a giant douche. Ross has had a significant change in on-air behavior (for the better) after his “the world is about to go back to how it’s supposed to rant” when Skeletors team hit the top 5

Agree, Trent is an asshat. Downs and Ross are very reasonable. Now if we can somehow get the biggest ass suck Sears out of here that would be great.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Serious question for people suggesting Iowa will be back in tourney next year. How do you think there will not be a significant drop off from this year?
Oh, ok, I'll bite. I'll get crucified anyway. Would think a drop off for sure. But maybe not overly so just because I really think Kris Murray can avg. 20+ with his soft stroke and if he develops an inside game like Keegan. Bohannon only scored 6 today so Sandfort can replace that. Why Iowa got better late was the improved play of Perkins, imo. He's back and Patrick is a mismatch at times. Whether Iowa makes the tournament depends more on the rest of the teams in the big10, imo. Doesn't Illinois, Wisc, Purdue, Rutgers lose alot of seniors or NBA'ers leaving early? (Cockburn, Ivey, Davis, Liddell). I mean, who else in the big10 will have an experienced roster? You know they just need to finish 6th or 7th like Mich or Indidana did in the Big10 and you get in. More importantly, I sure hope TJ can bring in some good transfers. More interested in if 'we' can get back.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt