Drake Basketball

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I think they maybe for real. Yes i get tierd of all the Drake talk but they kicked butt again tonight. I never thought I would see the day that Drake is 13-1 and 4-0 in a good, but down, MVC. I hate to admit it but I am coming around to thinking its not the Drake of old and I think I need to stop blowing them off. Good for them good for Keno, great for Tom. This is the way you hand a team off to good coach, not the way it happened for Tom at Iowa.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They just matched the 12 game win streak of the 68-69 team which went to the Final Four. Iowa was blasted by 31 tonight.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
They just matched the 12 game win streak of the 68-69 team which went to the Final Four. Iowa was blasted by 31 tonight.

I was at the game tonight, and for an undersized team, Drake does a great job on the offensive and Defensive boards. Josh Young sprained his ankle in the second half, and for Drake's sake, hopefully he will be back soon. (Kind of looked bad) We all know in college bball how important guard play is. Nice Crowd tonight as well...over 7K.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I already have them playing North Carolina in the National Championship game in my pre tourney bracket. That will make our season feel so much better.
All joking aside...I still think they will lose 5-6 games in the valley. That would still put them at around 22-6ish. Then probably when a couple in the conf tourney. They have a real shot at 25 wins before tourney. There problem will be that their non conference schedule sucks. ISU/Iowa/UNI suck. Otherwise they planed a bunch of schools that I haven't heard of before. Man I really need ISU to get better fast. This sucks talking about Drake basketball

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
I already have them playing North Carolina in the National Championship game in my pre tourney bracket. That will make our season feel so much better.
All joking aside...I still think they will lose 5-6 games in the valley. That would still put them at around 22-6ish. Then probably when a couple in the conf tourney. They have a real shot at 25 wins before tourney. There problem will be that their non conference schedule sucks. ISU/Iowa/UNI suck. Otherwise they planed a bunch of schools that I haven't heard of before. Man I really need ISU to get better fast. This sucks talking about Drake basketball
st mary's, duquesne, and whoever their bracketbuster game is will make their non conference schedule not look so bad.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I'm not tired of the Drake talk at all....I really like watching them play. I think its great they are having a renaissance. If we could get the other 3 teams to play up to there level our collective nonconference schedules would be helped by the instate matchups.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Great for Drake that they are winning some basketball games for a change...At least one team in central iowa can make the winter not seem so darned long...

I do get tired of Larry Cotlar always hyping the Bulldogs though...Note to Cotlar...Just let the season play out and see how far the Bulldogs can go in the NCAA Tournament...Just let it happen buddy!!!!

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
In defense od Cotlar, the Bulldogs are THE story this winter. I think it's nice to see them get some pub. They are playing in the biggest city in the state and should be selling out every game. I know I am going to try and get to some games whenever I get a chance.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I guess I don't buy it.

Have they beat one team in the RPI top 50?

Have they beat one team in the RPI top 100?

I really don't know.

I think the MVC will get one team in the tourney: their tournament champ.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I honestly don't know how Drake could miss the tourney this year. I think Drake will go and the MVC will get one one more IF Drake doesn't win the tournament. I'm happy for them, but at the same time writing a few sentences here is about as much as I can possible give a crap. I tried watching the game last night because I know it's a big game for them, but even then I couldn't care enough to watch more than a few minutes.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I guess I don't buy it.

Have they beat one team in the RPI top 50?

Have they beat one team in the RPI top 100?

I really don't know.

I think the MVC will get one team in the tourney: their tournament champ.

Their one loss is to St. Mary's #4
Duquesne is #41
Southern ILL is #60
Indiana State #93

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Doesn't really matter much to me how they've got to this point. It's a good story and I'm very happy for the Davis family.

IMO, A good Drake story is better than a good UNI story and anything is better than any iowa story.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Doesn't really matter much to me how they've got to this point. It's a good story and I'm very happy for the Davis family.

IMO, A good Drake story is better than a good UNI story and anything is better than any iowa story.

I dunno - there have been some pretty good Iowa stories this year :wink:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Guess I'm just bitter but I hope they pee it down their leg. However, with how bad the Valley looks this year, they should have a good shot to win it. As an earlier poster said, it's better than UNI winning it.

iowajazz

Nov 25, 2006
Johnston, IA
Drake's success is due to the classy way that Tom Davis does things. He put together a great group of players who are also great ambassadors for Drake. In addition, he left when the program was getting better so that Keno could step in and have success. Tom Davis is a class guy all the way and it appears that Keno knows something about coaching. It goes to show that you can get it done without a tone of 5 star recruits.