Drake - concert

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
You just lost all credibility with that statement. It isn't fair to compare Drake to the Beach Boys, Jackson 5, Garth Brooks, etc. he's 29 years old. "Views" (his latest work) is the first and only album to have over 1 Billion streams on Spotify and Apple Music. 1 B i l l i o n. He has more #1 Billboard hits than any rapper, ever. Drake is the biggest artist in music right now, and it's really not even close.

You just talked about an unfair comparison and then compared Drake's Spotify streams to Taylor Swift's in the same post. Try to listen to Swift on Spotify and you will know why that is dumb.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
You just lost all credibility with that statement. It isn't fair to compare Drake to the Beach Boys, Jackson 5, Garth Brooks, etc. he's 29 years old. "Views" (his latest work) is the first and only album to have over 1 Billion streams on Spotify and Apple Music. 1 B i l l i o n. He has more #1 Billboard hits than any rapper, ever. Drake is the biggest artist in music right now, and it's really not even close.

Thats real neat and all, but for it to be the biggest concert in des moines history, youd think that it would at least sell out. Nope. Still lots of tickets available. I get it, he is your fav. But thats like me saying cross canadian ragweed at woolys was the biggest concert ever because I really like them. All you proved is he is really popular to people who stream music for free. Says nothing about his epic concert level.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
They also played the Ankeny Airport around 97.

By SuperToad, do you mean Toad Holler?

Is that what it's called now? It was only open as SuperToad from, like, 1995 to 2001. So I bet that's it. I only ever went the once because I was too young in the 90s.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Loved the concert, pretty sure Drake just played the crowd with his "love" for DSM, but appreciated it none-the-less.

Only complaint was how long the waiting periods were between acts. The DJ hype up was fun.

Oh, BTW, Drake came out wearing the Drake University Basketball jersey, and a Drake Letterman jacket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie

Cloner007

Dec 29, 2008
You just talked about an unfair comparison and then compared Drake's Spotify streams to Taylor Swift's in the same post. Try to listen to Swift on Spotify and you will know why that is dumb.

Well, I never compared Drake's Spotify streams to Taylor Swift's actually, I just used his streams as an example of his popularity. I'm aware T-swift pulled her music from Spotify. Swift is however on Apple Music, and Drake's streams top hers, just an FYI. She's also in an apple music commercial singing a Drake song ironically enough lol, but that's neither here nor there.

@TBT The concert was pretty incredible. His energy was through the roof. I too thought he might have been over hyping his love for DM, until I saw he Instagramed 10 photos from the show/Drake U, and also made an attempt to visit the Kappa house on campus. I genuinely think DM was a legit crowd in his eyes. Can't wait till he returns.

Cloner007

Dec 29, 2008
Thats real neat and all, but for it to be the biggest concert in des moines history, youd think that it would at least sell out. Nope. Still lots of tickets available. I get it, he is your fav. But thats like me saying cross canadian ragweed at woolys was the biggest concert ever because I really like them. All you proved is he is really popular to people who stream music for free. Says nothing about his epic concert level.

The point was, was that he is one of the biggest names Des Moines has landed therefore it is a big concert for the city. Never said it would be the GOAT, ( although in my opinion it was ;)) I just said it should be one of the best beings I've seen him live a few times and know the kind of show he puts on. Just was my opinion.

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
Add AC/DC to the concert list that sold out almost instantly... 40 years after their debut album...

Was just thinking,if Zeppelin ever had a reunion tour in DM, the ticket office may explode.

Reactions: BBHMagic