Drake @ Iowa Game Thread

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Looks pretty good for Tony Freeman and the under. Gametracker has him at 12 minutes and out of the game, with 15:01 left.

Iowa up 1.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Looks pretty good for Tony Freeman and the under. Gametracker has him at 12 minutes and out of the game, with 15:01 left.

Iowa up 1.

I take that back - he subbed in at 15:45 so if he finishes the game, he'll be right in at 27-28 minutes.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Potential bad news for attendance over bets - gametracker shows attendance as 9619. No mention of actual or paid.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Drake wins. Iowa goes the entire game without shooting a free throw. That's pretty nuts.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Wow... If they can't put 10k in the seats for a "big" game that is just sad.

Iowa hasn't shot a FT yet? 6.1 seconds to go... That is weird.

The Hawks couldn't get an inside game going at all. They had a higher FG% than Drake, and actually made more shots. The difference was the 9 Drake made FTs to Iowa's 0.

However, after this game, I am very optimistic with way the team is playing. They played bad on offense, but held a very potent Drake offense to 56 points and a very low FG percentage.

I am cautiously optimistic for the future of this team.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
The Hawks couldn't get an inside game going at all. They had a higher FG% than Drake, and actually made more shots. The difference was the 9 Drake made FTs to Iowa's 0.

However, after this game, I am very optimistic with way the team is playing. They played bad on offense, but held a very potent Drake offense to 56 points and a very low FG percentage.

Drake was 12 of 17 from the line, mainly due to Iowa's 21 team fouls, compared to the 10 for Drake the whole game.

Drake's 56 points was the lowest of the season.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com

What about the attendance Southern? There better have been 10k!

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

Thanks for your view on the game SH. That said, I think Basketball is an odd monster when it comes to optimism/expectations. You can have 2-4 great games, then have it all fall apart, a la ISU after beating Mizzou @ Columbia and playing KU close, only to go on a skid. The momentum doesn't carry over in a "traditional" sense because there's so many games.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Last Drake win in IC: Dec. 16, 1967...making this their first-ever win in CHA.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Thanks for your view on the game SH. That said, I think Basketball is an odd monster when it comes to optimism/expectations. You can have 2-4 great games, then have it all fall apart, a la ISU after beating Mizzou @ Columbia and playing KU close, only to go on a skid. The momentum doesn't carry over in a "traditional" sense because there's so many games.

I agree. I'm not looking for momentum at this point. Right now, I just want to see fundamental improvements. Turning the ball over 16 times seems like a bunch, but considering the full court D Drake played, it was pretty good IMO. Plus, I know Drake had a cold shooting night, but a lot of that was due to Iowa's defense. Sure, they missed about 10 lay ups, but none of their points came easy.

I dunno, I gotta be positive right now :cool:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hawks played Drake better than we did. We were blown out for an unknown reason.

Drake continues being the best in state basketball team as they beat UNI twice last year and look to be the cream of the crop again.

Great job hanging in for Iowa though. No foul shots is unacceptable.