Dresser talks gambling investigation

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Hi guys!

We had media availability with Coach today and we got to ask some questions regarding the recent updates regarding the gambling situation.

I shared the interview here:

Plus, I tweeted it as well:

I'll have more content that's focused on the dual later today as well!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Most informative parts of the interview:
  • Talking about the Monday morning when phones were confiscated.
  • Calling for attention to be given beyond one guy in DCI.
Also noteworthy in the link to Paniro's lawyer's motion is the fact that the source of info is not just the athletes themselves, but the deposition of a DCI agent who was misled by his superiors and asked for reassignment after implicating Isaiah Lee under false pretenses.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Most informative parts of the interview:
  • Talking about the Monday morning when phones were confiscated.
  • Calling for attention to be given beyond one guy in DCI.
Also noteworthy in the link to Paniro's lawyer's motion is the fact that the source of info is not just the athletes themselves, but the deposition of a DCI agent who was misled by his superiors and asked for reassignment after implicating Isaiah Lee under false pretenses.
Like I mentioned to one guy who asked me, the biggest way that these agents screwed themselves (they messed up a lot and screwed over others more) to give them way more kickback than they ever anticipated was hitting a player who is now in the NFL and has tens of millions riding on this. If they had not targeted Enyi, then I really wonder if the other guys would have just walked away and not fought as hard. They didn't have the resources or as much on the line.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Nice job by CF journalists: Jacqueline, Ben, and Rob. Not just going after the explosive headlines, but keeping it connected to our wrestlers and wrestling program.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
I have to completely eat crow on this deal. Despite being skeptical of police in almost all situations, even I could not fathom that the gambling investigation was a DCI hit job. Turns out that's exactly what it was. Civil rights violations all over the place, insubordination, extra legal and bad faith actions, LE power trips, and self serving abuse of the law and public trust. Its all there. I hope the bad actors' careers and lives are ruined. That's what they knowingly and illegally did to their targets/victims.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I have to completely eat crow on this deal. Despite being skeptical of police in almost all situations, even I could not fathom that the gambling investigation was a DCI hit job. Turns out that's exactly what it was. Civil rights violations all over the place, insubordination, extra legal and bad faith actions, LE power trips, and self serving abuse of the law and public trust. Its all there. I hope the bad actors' careers and lives are ruined. That's what they knowingly and illegally did to their targets/victims.
Yep.....as this stuff comes out "non-sports" people (as we know that this truly was a sports story to start, etc.) should pay attention.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Problem is that this goes all the way to the top with both the Governor and AG both saying this was OK with them.
I am not so sure. Reynolds is an Iowa State grad and I think she has been at wrestling events.

Listening to her interview, not sure how much she knew or agree and how much is protecting the State from legal consequences.

Last edited:

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If they had not targeted Enyi, then I really wonder if the other guys would have just walked away and not fought as hard. They didn't have the resources or as much on the line.
There's not a lot of justice in the justice system. But what there is, is a lot easier to get if you can afford it.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Problem is that this goes all the way to the top with both the Governor and AG both saying this was OK with them.
Did they just say that or did they say that when it was originally going down? Big difference there. Did she know at the time that is was done illegal? If she did, then she should be held accountable also. I'm guessing that she didn't know all the screw ups that the DCI had done if very few others appear to have known.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06