Drew Ott

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
For the hawk fans on this board, what's taking so long with this decision? Any word one way or the other?

hawxrox09

Sep 2, 2010
For the hawk fans on this board, what's taking so long with this decision? Any word one way or the other?

No idea. Seems kind of crazy they don't have it set up to be able to come to a decision sooner. He had to go to the combine without an agent because he doesn't know his future yet. Idk what kind of ok impact that has on him but it's not ideal.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's the NCAA and the NCAA sucks. The subcommittee that makes the decision on this met Feb. 22-23 and the thought was they'd give their decision there. Didn't happen. Great that they're so focused on the best interests of the student-athletes dragging it out like this.

g11

Nov 22, 2015
Jeez, that's pretty ******. Did I read that right, he is actually waiting on an answer from the conference, not the NCAA?

Yeah, the conference goes first in these things. If the conference says no, you can appeal to the NCAA. Usually it's pretty much like the court system though, and the NCAA just says no if the conference did. The longer this gets dragged out I have to think it's probably favorable to Ott, but who knows.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
As good as he is, he should just hire and agent and go pro. He would be a pretty high draft choice.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
He plays at Iowa, I think it's an nfl bylaw that every Iowa senior gets at least a FA deal before they burn out

Booneville

Oct 31, 2015
Sounds like they are waiting on the conference, but this is an appeal, not the original decision (which was denied). This would be a predecent setting case of I understand right. He basically only played 3 years.

He didn't redshirt, so without knowing details there's a decent probability that he won't graduate in May. That would suck to not get a fifth year but not have degree requirements completed.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron