Duggan takes loss

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
2018 Recruit Francis Duggan lost to Boone McDermott of Dbq Wahlert 6-0.

McDermott placed 3rd last year at 182 in 2A losing to Chase Schiltz. I believe McDermott is undefeated this year at 220. He is a beast.

Would have been a good meet to go to as Brands (Iowa recruit) beat Ramirez (Ohios State recruit) of Wahlert 6-5.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
2018 Recruit Francis Duggan lost to Boone McDermott of Dbq Wahlert 6-0.

McDermott placed 3rd last year at 182 in 2A losing to Chase Schiltz. I believe McDermott is undefeated this year at 220. He is a beast.

Would have been a good meet to go to as Brands (Iowa recruit) beat Ramirez (Ohios State recruit) of Wahlert 6-5.

Should see both matches again tomorrow. Brands-Ramirez was an awesome match.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I see the last takedown Duggan fell on his back & McDermott jumped on top of him. Might of at the very end of the match & Duggan didn’t react. That was on IaWrestle

• Informative
Reactions: csteve

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Did you see the Duggan/McDermott match? Was it complete control or chances to score by Duggan that he missed?

McDermott is a tough kid to score on. Even last year Max Lyon had his struggles (read: relative struggles) to score on him.

His first takedown was on a counter from a Duggan shot, and then like Buf said the second one was when Duggan tripped.

It'll be interesting to see how he wrestles him tomorrow at MVC (if they happen to meet again), but I think if Duggan has a full season of matches and is in fighting shape the final score looks a little different. Not to take anything away from McDermott, he's legit.

Wish they were both 3A or 2A and could meet in the state finals. Maybe they'll wrestle at an all-star meet after the season or something.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I see Reader has been liking a bunch of McDermott’s recent comments. I assume SDSU is recruiting him

• Informative
Reactions: csteve