Dune Universe Thread

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I did concept something very similar 3 years ago but no cup shape element…more like a sculpture.

The thing is…eventually you’d try to do those teeth and silicone is the only safe way for a food grade item. The original movie where it was more like 3 beaks could have looked less sex toy.
The sex toy vibe is what's making it viral anyways, and clearly they are OK with that since they provided SNL with all those buckets for the skit. Maybe you should try going the sex toy route next time!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rewatched Dune "1" last night before it left Netflix. Thought I might do that refresh and do the new release in the theater but at pushing three hours I am not sure old man me won't need to pop out for five minutes and miss something. Suppose I could fast and thoroughly dehydrate myself first. ;)

Reactions: Nothingman

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm going Saturday night. Watched the first one again last night. Can't wait for some big action sequences.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Rewatched Dune "1" last night before it left Netflix. Thought I might do that refresh and do the new release in the theater but at pushing three hours I am not sure old man me won't need to pop out for five minutes and miss something. Suppose I could fast and thoroughly dehydrate myself first. ;)

I see what you did there.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just wear a stillsuit and you've got no worries.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Harkonnens seem like a tough hang

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
BTW really good. Thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was better than part 1. No doubt there will be a part 3.

Reactions: BigCyFan and GBlade

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
428502618_900742575226062_7410691935560676671_n.jpg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Idk the Emperor's Elite Guard seem far more unfun, though I've only seen the first one. Going to part 2 tomorrow.
Why? Because they bathe in sacrificial blood while listening to Buddhist throat singing?

Williowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
Anybody know why they fought harkonen soldiers on the ground by the harvester while being mowed down by machine gun fire when in the end they just blew it up with a concealed laser from a nearby rock formation?

Why not just shoot it with the laser?

Why marry the emperors daughter if the other houses won't accept him as emperor?

Why are we nuking spice fields? What good would that even do, the worms would just make more. Or literally anyone could threaten this at any time.

Why didn't they teach the weirding way? The fremen could have done almost all of that without a messiah.

How do you get a pregnant woman in a cocun on a worm traveling what seems like 200 mph?

Why fight the Sardakar on the ground when you can just run them down with worms?

Why is Cheney so pissed off all the time even though he told her what would happen the whole time?

Why did the Fremen leave the planet to fight the other houses when they were all there ready to invade Arakis?

The non believers accept that a person can be trained to resist that poison, but the only 2 people who ever drank it have lived, so why didn't they drink it to prove it was even poisonous?

How can anyone be trained to survive being poisoned?

Why use old Fashioned artillery when you have lasers?

Why risk your life in a dust cloud you made while fighting people who only win by sneaking up on you?

Why not use shields in the opening scene while under ranged attack on top of a huge rock?

Why not use those jet packs any other time they might be useful? Like escaping worms or sneaking up on people

This movie just has a lot of problems

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anybody know why they fought harkonen soldiers on the ground by the harvester while being mowed down by machine gun fire when in the end they just blew it up with a concealed laser from a nearby rock formation?

Why not just shoot it with the laser?

Why marry the emperors daughter if the other houses won't accept him as emperor?

Why are we nuking spice fields? What good would that even do, the worms would just make more. Or literally anyone could threaten this at any time.

Why didn't they teach the weirding way? The fremen could have done almost all of that without a messiah.

How do you get a pregnant woman in a cocun on a worm traveling what seems like 200 mph?

Why fight the Sardakar on the ground when you can just run them down with worms?

Why is Cheney so pissed off all the time even though he told her what would happen the whole time?

Why did the Fremen leave the planet to fight the other houses when they were all there ready to invade Arakis?

The non believers accept that a person can be trained to resist that poison, but the only 2 people who ever drank it have lived, so why didn't they drink it to prove it was even poisonous?

How can anyone be trained to survive being poisoned?

Why use old Fashioned artillery when you have lasers?

Why risk your life in a dust cloud you made while fighting people who only win by sneaking up on you?

Why not use shields in the opening scene while under ranged attack on top of a huge rock?

Why not use those jet packs any other time they might be useful? Like escaping worms or sneaking up on people

This movie just has a lot of problems
So you liked it?