Dvario Montgomery

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
6'2 WR from Winter Park, Fl and teammate of QB commit Sam Richardson last fall..

Would be a big get.. THAT's the kind of guy we need to revamp our WR corps. Just like Jantz and Horne only that this kid is a junior.. Sam connected with him quite a few times last year.. UGA, LSU, Florida all have offered

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think it's becoming very apparent the coaches are actively recruiting certain schools and areas to build pipelines. I don't give us a great shot with this kid but it sounds like SR is in his ear and he will listen to us. That's all we can ask.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I give us a better shot than you think. A QB/WR relationship is huge. We have an extra recruiter to help out and I'm sure they are friends.

I hope their QB this year sucks so that Montgomery realizes how good Sam Richardson was and wants to come play with him!

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
i think we should try our new stork irving at te or wide receiver-hell he does not need to jump 40 inches to catch a football. he can stand flat footed and be taller than a db jumping up and trying to steal the ball or catch the ball.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
i think we should try our new stork irving at te or wide receiver-hell he does not need to jump 40 inches to catch a football. he can stand flat footed and be taller than a db jumping up and trying to steal the ball or catch the ball.

I hope you're kidding. We need a 6-7, 250 DE much more than we need a 6-7, 250 WR or TE.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
The list of schools that haven't offered this kid would be shorter. We can only hope he had a special connection with Sam Richardson that is missing this fall, and that he wants to re-connect with Sam in Ames next year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We made the top 13 for him. Still very little chance but it's better than not making the top 13 I guess. This is from Rivals Chris Nee

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Most likely school, that Dvario is favoring, would probably be LSU. Dvario is originally from Lousiana and still has family there. He has stated in several articles that he would like to get back there. Of all the other schools favored, I am guessing that Iowa State is right there with everyone else. Sam Richardson was very popular and well respected for his abilities by his teammates. I would speculate that is carrying some weight in Winter Park.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Most likely school, that Dvario is favoring, would probably be LSU. Dvario is originally from Lousiana and still has family there. He has stated in several articles that he would like to get back there. Of all the other schools favored, I am guessing that Iowa State is right there with everyone else. Sam Richardson was very popular and well respected for his abilities by his teammates. I would speculate that is carrying some weight in Winter Park.

That's probably right. I don't think we have a chance, but you never know. I don't know how close he and Sam were. I also don't know how close he is to other offerees on his team. We recruit that school hard.