Dwayne Pierce commits, third top 100 prospect in the 2024 class

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
What is amazing is this kid doesn't turn 17 until June... In 2 years he's gonna be a beast to watch. Kid is 16 right now and I'd be thrilled if he were coming this next season.

Has a very eerily THT style to him.. 6'6ish but very long arms and good handles..thicker body and can bully his way to rim...also seems like a good passer and really good ball handler.
I watched a little of that game....either every player on the floor was tall or height is being exaggerated because Pierce no way looked 6'5". But what do I know?? He is thick, tho, I agree. And it doesn't matter if he's good.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I love the focus on high school recruits. It is clear that they are going to form the base of the program for TJ going forward, with transfers to fill in the gaps where needed.
Not only grabbing a good high school recruit, but pulling him from a premier high school in NYC for basketball. All the east coast blue bloods recruit that place.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Asuma should be next after he watches ISU knock off Kansas in Hilton.
Depends on where they see Pierce playing. If it's PG I doubt they take another. After reading his scouting report I have my doubts thats really the case.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Depends on where they see Pierce playing. If it's PG I doubt they take another. After reading his scouting report I have my doubts thats really the case.
Definitely didn't seem like a pg. More like a wing.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Pierce and PG have never been used in the same sentence to the best of my knowledge. If so, probably an accident. He’s a classic 3 that could probably guard some 2s and 4s if he had to.

Reminds me a lot of THT. Or Watson with some handles.

As for his height, 6’6” could be a stretch. But there’s some big boys out there tonight. If he’s only 190 I’d die. Watson is listed at 215. No way he’s got 25 on this guy.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Pierce and PG have never been used in the same sentence to the best of my knowledge. If so, probably an accident. He’s a classic 3 that could probably guard some 2s and 4s if he had to.

It's been mentioned and not by accident.

Reactions: isutrevman

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
There is not a single recruiting service that has him listed as a PG. does not play point on his high school team nor his AAU team. Everywhere listed as a 2/3z. Watched his entire game on TV tonight. He is not playing PG at Iowa State.

Could he bring the ball up the floor? I’m sure he could. Does not have bad handles. But would be absolutely shocked if this is how TJ intends to use him.

What exactly was CW’s take?