EA Sports NCAA Football game

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
WeWill should make a cover insert you can buy of ISU players. Obviously they can't use the EA Sports or game logos, but nothing saying they can't sell a paper insert of a sweet ISU design. Probably wouldn't make much though given that physical media is so niche anymore.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
WeWill should make a cover insert you can buy of ISU players. Obviously they can't use the EA Sports or game logos, but nothing saying they can't sell a paper insert of a sweet ISU design. Probably wouldn't make much though given that physical media is so niche anymore.
I've always said any player who opted in, should get a chance at a cover, all the proceeds go directly to said player for NIL. or at least a flat fee or something along those lines.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I'm so scared this game is going to disappoint me. I've been playing and loving NCAA 14 for 10 years now and I'm afraid to let it go.
I just hope there is a dynasty mode that isn't saddled with micro-transactions. I've not played an EA sports game for some time, but I think those modes tended to be free of micro-transactions. My general understanding was most of it was more on the My Player modes, but I think that was the NBA games.

• Agree
Reactions: Saul_T

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
My expectations are so low that I don't think it's even possible to disappoint me. But if anyone can, it's EA.
It's not that my expectations are low it's that my passion for this game is high. I'm one of the few on here who used to be in an online league. I've kept up with the game through OperationSports. I'm kind of scared it's going to be a reskin of Madden when in the past, NCAA was always a testing ground for new features.

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
I wonder if the ultimate team will feature past stars like Madden does? I don't like ultimate team mode....but if you told me I could scramble with Seneca......

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Do people still buy the physical copy? What’s the point of the cover these days? The splash screen is what people will see.
Yes people do. The point of the cover is marketing. There will be millions of copies of this game set up in stores with the cover featured to draw attention.

Plus it’s always been a tradition to see who makes the cover of sports games.

Reactions: JustAnotherTimeline

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I'm so scared this game is going to disappoint me. I've been playing and loving NCAA 14 for 10 years now and I'm afraid to let it go.
If the gameplay stinks… we can just go right on playing NCAA 14.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If the gameplay stinks… we can just go right on playing NCAA 14.

I wonder if they could have made more money by porting NCAA 14 to the PS5 instead of trying to make a completely new game. Is there a lot of enthusiasm for this in young kids, or is it all just nostalgia from people who played the old ones?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
For someone who has not had a gaming console since the PS2…..what do people recommend to get?

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I wonder if they could have made more money by porting NCAA 14 to the PS5 instead of trying to make a completely new game. Is there a lot of enthusiasm for this in young kids, or is it all just nostalgia from people who played the old ones?
I don't think they could have ported '14 without opening an entire can of worms regarding NIL.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
It's not that my expectations are low it's that my passion for this game is high. I'm one of the few on here who used to be in an online league. I've kept up with the game through OperationSports. I'm kind of scared it's going to be a reskin of Madden when in the past, NCAA was always a testing ground for new features.
I know the faith level in EA is low... and deservedly so, but they know they can't afford to **** this up. You only get one chance to make a comeback after being gone a decade. Will they get it perfect? No chance, but I bet they get this right.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I know the faith level in EA is low... and deservedly so, but they know they can't afford to **** this up. You only get one chance to make a comeback after being gone a decade. Will they get it perfect? No chance, but I bet they get this right.
See, I have the exact opposite take on this... they know they'll make a gargantuan pile of money regardless of how good the product actually is, and even if it's garbage they'll be able to roll it out again next year.

I think they'll play it safe, rely on nostalgia to drive sales, and put out a basic product that looks nice but lacks features. Basically, the same as how their other games have become dumbed down in areas that don't directly drive microtransactions.