EA Sports NCAA Football game

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Just offer the 2014 players the same deal?
The thing is, there was a huge lawsuit back then regarding likenesses in these games and EA's argument was that they weren't using player likenesses and everything was generic (which was obviously not true). That's the reason the game ended in the first place - They had to figure out how to either pay the players or make the game so generic that people wouldn't really care to play it. Google Ed O'Bannon if you want to go down the rabbit hole.

If they came out now and offered an NIL deal to the players in '14 that would basically be admitting fault and would open up a massive shitstorm.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
If the gameplay stinks… we can just go right on playing NCAA 14.
I'd really like to get into an online league. I think it would be real cool to do a CF league, have a meetup at the end of the season/at an actual Cyclone game and then fight each other to see who the real winner is.

Reactions: JustAnotherTimeline

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I think they’ll do a good job on the game… they have to know that if it’s popular it will be a huge cash cow having yearly games again. Plus they know everyone will be hypercritical with all the expectations so if they blow the first one, it will affect sales for years to come.

I just want a decent dynasty mode and good feel in game play. Hoping we get it!

• Agree
Reactions: Saul_T

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think they’ll do a good job on the game… they have to know that if it’s popular it will be a huge cash cow having yearly games again. Plus they know everyone will be hypercritical with all the expectations so if they blow the first one, it will affect sales for years to come.

I just want a decent dynasty mode and good feel in game play. Hoping we get it!
Ultimate team is the cash cow though, not dynasty.

Reactions: KidSilverhair

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
For someone who has not had a gaming console since the PS2…..what do people recommend to get?
I'm getting a PS5 just for this. My first kid was born the day it was announced this game was coming back. Target is always running some sort of gift card offer on diapers (buy $100 in diapers, get a $20 gift card.)

Been saving up these gift cards since we started buying diapers. They're basically going to pay for the new PS5.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I'm getting a PS5 just for this. My first kid was born the day it was announced this game was coming back. Target is always running some sort of gift card offer on diapers (buy $100 in diapers, get a $20 gift card.)

Been saving up these gift cards since we started buying diapers. They're basically going to pay for the new PS5.
This is the way.

• Haha
Reactions: AirWalke

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Heres to hoping they dont even sniff the mechanics of FIFA or WWE and just go with the reliable mechanics of Madden. I know there could be some improvement in that gameplay, however the controller mechanics are a straight up reason why I cant stand most sports games.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
For someone who has not had a gaming console since the PS2…..what do people recommend to get?

My advice is always if you're going to play with someone get what they have, and if that isn't a concern Xbox's game pass is the best bang for your buck that you can get by a long shot right now, especially if you're playing sports games. EA puts older versions of their games and the MLB game is on it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

I actually held onto my ps3 until like last year playing the old NCAA game (updating rosters each year) as it's my favorite game.

I got a PS5 last year and really love it (i only play a couple games) but of course with the idea 100% so i was ready for NCAA 25.

If you aren't going "all in" on gaming, you could save a few bucks and get the digital version of the PS5 vs Disc.

• Winner
Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Heres to hoping they dont even sniff the mechanics of FIFA or WWE and just go with the reliable mechanics of Madden. I know there could be some improvement in that gameplay, however the controller mechanics are a straight up reason why I cant stand most sports games.
Not sure about WWE but FC24 has some of the best mechanics in any game. It took a bit to get used to the change from the old FIFA games but I actually think it is fairly realistic. At least with the sliders I found online. Madden on the other hand is about the most gimmicky game ever. I have sliders on there I found online as well and it still isn’t super realistic.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneIce