Early Preseason Rankings ISU > OKSt

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I hate that stat. It means nothing. If you score on an 80 yard play you get no credit their but if you move the ball slowly 33 yards you get 3 credits there. It means nothing. I know what you are saying, but our offense, IMO will look nothing like it did last year, well, maybe like it did against Kansas except hope insert a 100% ARob and another back with the same style along with more experience and health at receiver with a playmaker back. Our offense could be explosive next year.

I believe our offensive play like last year will hinge on the play of Arnaud.

If you noticed whenever AA played good, out O was a fine tuned machine, and when AA played bad our offense looked like it would not even cut it in the Big 10.....

All of the players around AA are consistent and always good, but the game always hinges on the decisions of #4. IMO

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I believe our offensive play like last year will hinge on the play of Arnaud.

If you noticed whenever AA played good, out O was a fine tuned machine, and when AA played bad our offense looked like it would not even cut it in the Big 10.....

All of the players around AA are consistent and always good, but the game always hinges on the decisions of #4. IMO

Another key would be to consistently be able to throw the ball down field. Hopefully our defense is much more athletic so Wally can blitz more.

Cornhusker1130

Feb 11, 2010
Boone Iowa
I see what you mean, yes Suh is a one in a lifetime player but I still think that Crick will be very good.

I do not know if you can say that Suh is a once in a life-time player. Remember Suh was concidered a bust before Bo and staff came to town.. he was going to the draft after the horrible '07 season. Bo just has a nack of creating monsters on the D-line look at what he did at LSU as well.

The thing that made Suh so great what how he could drop back using his instincts and get an int. or a knock down. Will Crick have the success that Suh had? more than likely not but to say we will never have another Suh is more like wishful thinking honestly. It would have been scary what he could have done with 4 years under Bo and Carl.

Cornhusker1130

Feb 11, 2010
Boone Iowa
KU ahead of us? Bull ****

Totaly agree with you on this one. Kansas loses why too much. If this is a power ranking you guys are deffently ahead of the Jayskawks..

Here is my power rankings after signing day and before spring practice rolls around at this point..

1. Texas
2. Nebraska
3. Oklahoma
4. Texas A&M
5. Missouri
6. Iowa State
7. Baylor
8. Kansas State
9. Oklahoma State
10. Texas Tech
11. Kansas

12. Colorado

HtownCyclone

Apr 25, 2009
Houston, TX
I will throw my hat in the ring and say w/out any Kool-Aid at this point:

1 Texas
2 Nebraska
3 Missouri

4 Oklahoma
5 Texas A&M

6 Iowa State
7 Baylor
8 Oklahoma State
9 Kansas
10 Texas Tech
11 Kansas State

12 Colorado

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Pretty nice. I was thinking the same thing. We might have a better team this year but our record might not show it. We need to get those non-conference wins this year and hope for one maybe two upsets. 6-6 this year would be great.

I agree, but many think our basketball team is supposed to beat all that are deemed "better".

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
lets see how our JUCOs fit in before we put ourselves in the top half of a tough conference.

Right now, on the books, we are at spot 8. We too have lots to prove from key losses.

-keep

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Nebraska
4. Missouri
5. aTm
6. Texas Tech
7. Baylor
8. OSU
9. ISU
10. KSU
11. Kansas
12. Colorado

We have to make hay in the north the next couple of years. Colorado won't be terrible forever, and KU will get better quickly under Gill. KSU is a mess and will be until they get a head coach.

Help Support Us

Become a patron