Eddie Lemos commits

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Can we clarify when guys are PWO’s? It’s just hard to keep up with all the PWO’s and look at them the same way you would with ranked recruits.

I obviously hope they do great here, and you always have your Schweiger or your Walling who does contribute, but a lot of these guys likely will never get playing time.

There’s so many every year that’ll commit, seeing all these names pop up without context keeps making me think we landed another ranked recruit in the 22 class.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Can we clarify when guys are PWO’s? It’s just hard to keep up with all the PWO’s and look at them the same way you would with ranked recruits.

I obviously hope they do great here, and you always have your Schweiger or your Walling who does contribute, but a lot of these guys likely will never get playing time.

There’s so many every year that’ll commit, seeing all these names pop up without context keeps making me think we landed another ranked recruit in the 22 class.
Are you saying he is a PWO?
I have not heard.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I love these threads, but I would love them even more if the OP always included their 24/7 page and if they don’t have one maybe mention it. I don’t follow recruiting closely, but when they commit I love to see their stats, other offers, etc.
S Eddie Lemos, offered at camp 6/9/21, also visited 12/3/21.

Loveland, CO - 5'10" 175lb.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
What was offered to him on 6/9/21?
As I stated before PWO is stamped directly above is helmet.

When googling “what is a preferred walk-on”, this shows up first:

“A preferred walk-on offer means the coach would like you on the team but cannot (or won't) offer any financial assistance at least for the first year. Preferred walk-ons can earn a scholarship going into their second season, but nothing is guaranteed.”

Per the above, something could have been offered as soon as year 2. A regular walk-on doesn’t get the extra verbiage. I’m guessing coaching staffs don’t initiate discussions for guys who ultimately walk-on, but they probably do initiate (or there is initial, mutual interest) to someone who is a PWO.

Reactions: 93CloneMoves

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

“A preferred walk-on offer means the coach would like you on the team but cannot (or won't) offer any financial assistance at least for the first year. Preferred walk-ons can earn a scholarship going into their second season, but nothing is guaranteed.”

Per the above, something could have been offered as soon as year 2. A regular walk-on doesn’t get the extra verbiage. I’m guessing coaching staffs don’t initiate discussions for guys who ultimately walk-on, but they probably do initiate (or there is initial, mutual interest) to someone who is a PWO.
Cool, I thought it might have been a bologna sandwich.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu and Acylum

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Watch #79 RT for Buffalo against the Chiefs on Sunday. He was a PWO at ISU & Iowa, took his only scholy offer at UNI. Drafted in 3rd round guaranteed 3yr @ $800,000. Has started since game 3 and doing very well. So, lots of difference between a PWO and a walk on. Played small school 8-man was why he was over looked, which is hard to do when you are 6'8"+.

93CloneMoves

Sep 9, 2021
Grimes, IA

The PWO is guaranteed a spot on the 105 man roster for one year. You can have 85 scholarship players and 20 walk-ons on roster. A straight WO can still be on the roster, just not a guarantee. BYU had 36 WOs, 16 of those aren’t listed on roster.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
I like that Eddie used lowercase and commas. Need to break the all caps trend which drives me nuts. These Colorado kids are tough glad to see Iowa State sniffing out the front range.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Did I not read he was the offensive player of the year in Colorado, or am I confusing him with somebody else? If that's the case, he sure must be 'betting on himself' to accept a PWO at a power5 versus getting a full scholarship at wherever prognosticators seems to think his ability fits. Good for him.

Reactions: Acylum and aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron