Emiah leaving team

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I have to say I'm shocked. I can't make any judgements about Emiah and won't, but wow. Going from starting point guard with a bright future to gone in a matter of a few weeks. She was someone that I was excited about and was a critical component to the success of this year's team. I wish her luck.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
What happened here? Emiah's father has been on these boards quite frequently telling everyone how she loved ISU. I never would have expected her to be leaving, of all the young players, even with the logjam we will have at the #1 next year.

I'm just like you although I haven't seen Ray on here lately. Also hoping this doesn't hurt the KC pipeline. Will be interesting to see where she lands.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Very strange...we heard a lot about schroll being unhappy before she left but this is so sudden. I don't know her situation at all but i'd feel pretty ****** about abandoning my teammates in the middle of a season. But again I dont want to be so quick to judge...

Last edited by a moderator:

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
When is this going to end? This does not speak well for the program or maybe more important, Coach Fennelly.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
So, do we ever hear from rbingley ever again? I doubt it... Very odd.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Wow is right. That would explain some of her recent bench and court demeanor, if this has been on her mind. She will make a terrific college basketball player if that's what she wants. Sure was excited to see her do it at ISU. These are very, very tough decisions for young people to make. There is so much adjustment and transition going on. Sometimes it just takes patience. Thus very surprised with the news. Nonetheless, wish her the best.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Are these young gals finding it hard to accept good coaching criticism?

Fennelly goes beyond criticism at times. I'm not one to feel sorry for athletes because the coaches are too hard on them but Bill can get a little carried away.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
This is not good at all. She struggled at times, but she also showed a lot of upside.

What the hell is going on? Why would a freshman suddenly decide to leave 7 games into her first season?

This, coupled with the losses last year, do not look good for this program.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Considering that we known absolutely NOTHING about this situation I don't think your comments carry any weight at this time.

Perhaps the wrong thing to say, I apologize. It just seems like the program is losing more than just one here and there due to who knows what anymore. I want nothing but the best for the program.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
As Fennelly says, point guard is both the best and worst position to play at ISU. Good thing we have two more great guards coming in next season.

This probably affects Z and Ellis the most. We'll have to play more 3-post offense.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
No doubt there will be all kinds of speculation. While one does not know what practices have been like, it's pretty obvious that Coach Fennelly has been a different person on the bench this year than last year. He has been calm, upbeat, encouraging in his interactions with players. He has commented about young players needing to find their roles. It's quite possible that Emiah was not satisfied with her role. She may have wanted to be the go-to player like in high school. Her dad posted something to that effect when she was starting, Nikki was out, and there were comments about her scoring. He said something like you cannot score if you're not given the freedom to do so. Maybe she's just disillusioned by what she thought she would be doing. The irony is that she probably would get the opportunity if she gave it some time.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
The pressure will be on:
1. Moody to stay healthy
2. Kidd to step up her play and to be able to spell Moody
3. Hagedorn may have a chance to step in and gain minutes in reserve at guard.
4. As Red said (that rhymed!), Ellis and Z will be in the rotation even more. Both could play a critical role.

You play with who you have. I'm sure Coach will find a way. Just sad to think that a scholarship given didn't work out. Misses are hard on a program no matter the reason.