Emily Ryan returns for 5th Season

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Already saw multiple of the freshman (Arianna and Addy if I recall right) reacting positively to the news on social media.

Emily has proven her value to the team. She has such a good presence on the floor, on the bench, and in practice.

She doesn't need huge minutes, like we previously needed from her, so other players get plenty of space to shine. Our guard corps should be able to have a substitution rotation that keeps everyone fresh (and can overcome any one of them having an off-night).

And she will do so much off-the-court to help the others develop.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This girl has future coach written all over her. Would love to see her on the ISU bench when her playing days are over. In the meantime, it's like having a coach on the floor!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I've been thinking this was the decision she would make. Loaded team comes back and adding even more firepower. A chance to do something incredibly special. This season is still going to be something to talk about and then we can start the count down to 24-25. As for additions…I’m not really sure what pieces they need? Two highly talented guards coming in and a redshirt forward added to the mix.
We need a deadly three point shooter.
Hoping that is Joens. Every other position is ready to go - barring defections.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I've been thinking this was the decision she would make. Loaded team comes back and adding even more firepower. A chance to do something incredibly special. This season is still going to be something to talk about and then we can start the count down to 24-25. As for additions…I’m not really sure what pieces they need? Two highly talented guards coming in and a redshirt forward

I've been thinking this was the decision she would make. Loaded team comes back and adding even more firepower. A chance to do something incredibly special. This season is still going to be something to talk about and then we can start the count down to 24-25. As for additions…I’m not really sure what pieces they need? Two highly talented guards coming in and a redshirt forward added to the mix.
Alisa Williams is the forward sitting out this year. A 6'2" forward that is not skinny. Transfer from LSU.

Reactions: acoustimac

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Noticed when we went on our run in the second half with Hannah and Audi making big shots Emily made a point to address both of them as they went to huddle to tell them good job. Love her leadership, probably has helped the freshmen more than we see during games and having her at full strength to start next season will be great. Hoping we can round out the roster with a portal transfer or 2 that includes another 3 point shooter.

Help Support Us

Become a patron