End of 3rd Quarter song

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
So we can't choose any song that some other team might claim as their own?

thunderdave votes for thunderstruck

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
I'm just saying that since people say the players get motivated from hearing the song, that it will get ndsu just as pumped up as the good guys. Although, once we are up by 35 at that point, I don't think it should have that much of a difference.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I vote that "Sweet Caroline" never go on a choice list again.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
So... Thunderstruck will not make a return for entrance music.

Sorry... we are going to be up big... Sooooooo

SWEET CAROLINE.....:notworthy: Good Times Never Seemed So Good...

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The choices suck. We either have our crappy Sweet Caroline which has no 'pumping up' ability that we need, the Wisconsin Jump Song, or NDSU's entrance song. Are we going to start playing "In heaven there is no beer" at the end of games too? Are we we going to start playing someone else's fight song too while we're at it? We need a song with energy going into the 4th quarter. I vote that Sweet Caroline gets moved to end of 4th quarter (or end of OT) when the Cyclones WIN. I know it's a foreign concept lately, but I really don't want to hear that song unless the game is in the books as a W for the Cyclones.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The choices suck. We either have our crappy Sweet Caroline which has no 'pumping up' ability that we need, the Wisconsin Jump Song, or NDSU's entrance song. Are we going to start playing "In heaven there is no beer" at the end of games too? Are we we going to start playing someone else's fight song too while we're at it? We need a song with energy going into the 4th quarter. I vote that Sweet Caroline gets moved to end of 4th quarter (or end of OT) when the Cyclones WIN. I know it's a foreign concept lately, but I really don't want to hear that song unless the game is in the books as a W for the Cyclones.

Agreed.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Ok... I'm bored tonight.. As seen by replying 3 times in a row...

But everyone complains we have no tradition... Sweet Caroline is by far the nearest we have. We play the song about every game... Why change?? People actually get into it sing, wave their arms. Heck most people don't even cheer when we score.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Ok... Will agree with Sweet Caroline at the end of games we win....

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com

But everyone complains we have no tradition... Sweet Caroline is by far the nearest we have. We play the song about every game... Why change?? People actually get into it sing, wave their arms. Heck most people don't even cheer when we score.

I didn't say get rid of it!! Have it at the end of games when we WIN. Times are not 'so good, so good' when we are down by 10 points... even if we are making a comeback!! Play the song after the buzzer sounds right before ISU Fights plays for the last time of the evening. I'd suggest that the Band does the Sweet Caroline, not the Neil Diamond soundtrack.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I'd rather have a song that really means something than just a peaceful, blah-blah-blah song that we've played for a few years.

Playing something often doesn't make it a tradition. It just shows lack of innovation and creativity. Now, if you knew all the words, we could talk.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Sadly this is true. Still... I just can't get into the Sweet Caroline deal. If I wasn't feeling low enough when ISU was behind heading to the 4th quarter I had to listen to Sweet Caroline which made my internal "suicide alarm" go off. :confused:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

But everyone complains we have no tradition...

The cubs have tradition too, but it's not one that should be kept or hoped for at all times :sad:

Tradition is not always a good thing, and we have a tradition of playing this ******* ******** song and losing a ton of games. **** this song, and **** getting killed 10 games in a row... time for something new!