EPL Relegation Predictions - 2023

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I want to just walk away but the absurdity of these two sentences draws me back. Were you laughing as you wrote this? I can’t decide if you’re a comedic genius (aka Tina Fey) or just a common jerk?

Seeing as how Arsenal went 7 and a half years of me watching them before they won any sort of honours, it’s not absurd the slightest.

• Dumb
Reactions: ICCYFAN

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Ok, so you really don't have a connection to the team/area except that you liked watching what was at the time the second most successful English team in the EPL and third all time (currently 4th most successful team in the EPL and third all time), was either on a streak or just ended a streak of 3 titles and 5 second-place finishes, had/has one of the largest fanbases, was/is one of the teams most likely to win the EPL each year, is least likely to be relegated, and was one of the easiest teams to follow at the time (due to the reasons I just said).

And that's just prior to you becoming a fan. After that (going from the 06-07 season), your team has won the FA cup 4 times, was in the champion's league 11 years and always making it out of the group stages, has been in the Europa League the remaining four years including runner-up once, and has won the community shield four times. And the "adversity" that you've faced as a fan has been three fifth place finishes, a sixth place finish, two eight place finishes, and an absolutely massive collapse to throw the title away this year.

From where I sit, you look a lot more like a bandwagon fan then American Leicester fans. Yes, Leicester won the league in 15-16 and won the 20-21 FA Cup, but how could you not fall in love with Leicester after winning the league (one of the biggest sporting upsets of all time) and it's clear that it wasn't going to become a pattern. What bandwagon were American Leicester fans jumping on? They weren't going to win the title again and at best were just going to be a team punching above its weight.

The reason I'm going after you is that from where I'm sitting as a casual EPL follower, you're coming across as an ******* on this. To me, trash talk is fine as long as everyone's laughing, otherwise you're an *******. And you're being a lot more aggressive than everyone else. And that's going to be especially true when you have no real connection to the area, we're separated by distance as Americans, and we can choose who to cheer for. So you're talking quite a bit of **** and shitting on fans of other teams for someone who chose one of the plushiest fandoms in English soccer

And they also went 7 and a half years of me watching them almost every game before they won any sort of honours. And their history has been developed, not just oil kings or oil oligarchs throwing billions of cash to create a history.

Last edited:

cyguy9320

Nov 26, 2006
Well aware of Emirates since they have naming rights of the stadium and their kits. If you think that’s anything remotely similar to man city being taken over my middle eastern oil kings and creating history when Man City hardly had any history of the sort is absolutely hilarious.
Oil club. No history. Bought their success. Yawn.

You are coming off like a jerk and a fool. Is this a bit?

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16