Equipment Sale Feb 5th

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What donation level did you have to be at to get in on the Friday sale? We're Gold in the Cyclone Club, but that didn't get us in on Friday.

Really glad I didn't take my kids and freeze our butts off for nothing.

As I mentioned in a different thread, they could have avoided this by letting in folks by tying access to Cyclone Club giving level. To me, this is some of the lower-hanging fruit in adding value to Cyclone Club memberships.

For example, you could have done something like this.
Students Athletes until noon on Friday
Directors/Victory at noon on Friday
Captains & gold at 2 PM on Friday
Cardinal/States/Century at 4 PM on Friday
Then open to the general public on Saturday morning (if anything is left)

Reactions: scclone3

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Total joke and a huge letdown from years past. I was roughly 10th in line. Got there at 5 AM. There were no newer football jerseys from what I saw, and about 40 Rhoads era football jerseys (cardinal, white, gold). There were some women’s basketball jerseys and plenty of game basketball shorts but that’s it. About 1 table of each size for apparel (men’s and women’s) and not much for shoe selection. I wanted a backpack and they didn’t even have those.

For the people that didn’t come because of the weather, you made the right decision. Those of us that waited hours before in sub zero temperatures looked like fools.

I’ll still be there for the next one.
Way to hang in there.

• Friendly
Reactions: gonzojlz

Conductorclone

Aug 25, 2013
Did anyone at the front of the line see the 2018 jerseys that they advertised? I was in line by 630am and saw no jerseys by the time I got in. Would yesterday's sale have cleared out every $100 jersey? Would have been very easy for @CycloneEquip to have tweeted that jerseys were gone - for those standing in sub zero temps for more than an hour.

I was about 10 deep in the front of the line. My first move was to the jerseys and I can tell you there was not a single 2018 jersey when I got in.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Conductorclone

Aug 25, 2013
What donation level did you have to be at to get in on the Friday sale? We're Gold in the Cyclone Club, but that didn't get us in on Friday.

As I mentioned in a different thread, they could have avoided this by letting in folks by tying access to Cyclone Club giving level. To me, this is some of the lower-hanging fruit in adding value to Cyclone Club memberships.

Currently in the captains level and not allowed in yesterday. So I assume one needs to be in the Director/Victory level to get in early

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
Didn't go but for everyone complaining about communication from the A.D. your going to a glorified garage sale. How much effort should they put into it?

Don't disagree. Everyone here will still buy tickets, merch, etc. So the AD is out nothing tangible.

That said, don't advertise the newer jersey style and fail to mention it's only for $15,000 donors and up. Iowa State is a great program because it's accessible to all. For the sake of non-rich donors with kids, I wish they'd keep it that way.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Don't disagree. Everyone here will still buy tickets, merch, etc. So the AD is out nothing tangible.

That said, don't advertise the newer jersey style and fail to mention it's only for $15,000 donors and up. Iowa State is a great program because it's accessible to all. For the sake of non-rich donors with kids, I wish they'd keep it that way.
Where did they say there would be newer jerseys?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I don’t think any donors got in yesterday. It was ISU employees, faculty, and student athletes.
Exactly this. I have a friend who works for the athletic department and basically everything that people have described is how it was yesterday as well, so it's not like anything was really picked over.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For some reason photo won't attach.
It was a gold one from 2010-2014 era. Yes, that old. It could have been multiple players but none that sticks out.
My oldest has Jeremiah George’s in Cardinal and youngest got a gold one of Dale Pierson. Funny side note of that one, the UNI guy who he terrorized during their game is a friend of ours and now coaches him in youth wrestling.

Reactions: CyNews

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

All I know is that staff in the Athletic Department were able to shop on Friday. Not sure about student athletes or donors. Hadn't heard anything about them until this thread today.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadow

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Where did they say there would be newer jerseys?

In the Jan 11, 2022 advertisement email.

Sale Items And Prices (Item availability and prices are subject to change)
$100 - 2018 Football Jerseys (Limit 1 per person)
$30 - Coats, Jackets, Full and 1/4 Zip Ups
$25 - Footwear
$20 - Sweatshirts
$20 - Sweat Pants, Warm Up Pants, Joggers, Tights
$20 - Khaki Pants and Shorts
$15 - Polo Shirts
$10 – Roller bags, duffel bags and backpacks
$10 – Practice Jerseys
$10 - T-Shirts (Long and Short Sleeve)
$10 - Athletic Shorts
$5 - Headwear
$1 - Socks

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
In the Jan 11, 2022 advertisement email.

Sale Items And Prices (Item availability and prices are subject to change)
$100 - 2018 Football Jerseys (Limit 1 per person)
$30 - Coats, Jackets, Full and 1/4 Zip Ups
$25 - Footwear
$20 - Sweatshirts
$20 - Sweat Pants, Warm Up Pants, Joggers, Tights
$20 - Khaki Pants and Shorts
$15 - Polo Shirts
$10 – Roller bags, duffel bags and backpacks
$10 – Practice Jerseys
$10 - T-Shirts (Long and Short Sleeve)
$10 - Athletic Shorts
$5 - Headwear
$1 - Socks

Did anybody get a coat? I was really hoping to get a winter coat or parka to wear to cold football games.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Did anybody get a coat? I was really hoping to get a winter coat or parka to wear to cold football games.

They did have a a couple black jerseys that I saw people a couple got on Friday. It was supposed to open at 10 and I got there about 5 minutes before 10 and it was already a free for all. They did have a few black parkas, but the had them under the tables. Most people were concerned what was on the tables. I got the 2XL parka. It just had the Nike logo on it though it does have the ISU Athletics label in it. I do know each athletic staff person was given two tickets. It was not open to all ISU staff. A couple close friends that teach at ISU knew nothing about the Friday deal.

Like I said earlier, I could be wrong on the booster thing, but then again someone in the department could have given them a ticket. I wasn’t going to stop and ask since it was a free-for-all. Wondering if I can get the parka logo

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They did have a a couple black jerseys that I saw people a couple got on Friday. It was supposed to open at 10 and I got there about 5 minutes before 10 and it was already a free for all. They did have a few black parkas, but the had them under the tables. Most people were concerned what was on the tables. I got the 2XL parka. It just had the Nike logo on it though it does have the ISU Athletics label in it. I do know each athletic staff person was given two tickets. It was not open to all ISU staff. A couple close friends that teach at ISU knew nothing about the Friday deal.

Like I said earlier, I could be wrong on the booster thing, but then again someone in the department could have given them a ticket. I wasn’t going to stop and ask since it was a free-for-all. Wondering if I can get the parka logo

Muir Embroidery in Jefferson does a great job. If you are in the Des Moines area they will be at the state fair grounds Feb 12-14 probably for Iowa Beef Expo. It would probably have a one day turnaround. I've had them do some stuff for me.

I've always purchased the clothing from them but I bet they would do it the price just might be a little more?

• Informative
Reactions: cycloner29