Ernst

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
people are posting like he's averaging a double double in D1 and the kid hasn't played a game yet. If the one time I saw him out is an indication of how he spends all post game losses, I'm not gonna miss him.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I find this quote interesting. He is averaging roughly 12 points, 8 boards and 1.5 blocks at IHCC. IF we had just gotten a verbal from a player doing this at IHCC not named Ernst, we would all be stoked. I am certainly not saying he would be putting up those numbers at ISU, but our past history with players putting up similar numbers at IHCC has been very positive. McKay and Hogue had similar or lesser numbers at IHCC than that. Maybe Ernst's numbers will not transition to D1 well, but he certainly has shown promise at both ends with those numbers.

Look what Percy and SDW did at Oakland. Look what Custer is doing at Loyola. None of them could get minutes here

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Well picture this, Morris, Babb, Burton, Young, Ernst. We slash the lane and the bigs crash the glass for easy put backs. We also gain 5 fouls and what would be the largest body on the team. All we need in that specific rotation is effort from the bigs, and decent footwork. Both things are easy to coach.

Why do people want us to be Baylor and WVU so badly? Why don't people want us to play like KU?

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why do people want us to be Baylor and WVU so badly? Why don't people want us to play like KU?
It's only one line up and not even a starting one IMO. I'm not trying to say Ernst should be here I simply believe there is a case to be made for his need right now.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
This thread will reek of Captain Hindsight in a couple years, one way or another.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All of them had All Big 12 players ahead of them here. We have zero All Big 12 big men this year. Look at Edozie, he did not get minutes while he was here, but he would now IMO.

They still didn't play at all. If you're good enough you're going to see minutes regardless of who's ahead of you. See Donovan Jackson

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's a horrible comparison.

Why? Loaded backcourt and he's good enough to find minutes. Ernst redshirted last year and Carter played spot minutes when McKay was out. I just don't think Ernst would be any better than Holden this year.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We should argue more about a player that isn't here. This needs 2 threads.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
They still didn't play at all. If you're good enough you're going to see minutes regardless of who's ahead of you. See Donovan Jackson
So Ernst redshirted due to injury and that proves he was not good enough to earn minutes? Guess we should just push Jakolby Long out of the program then because he is not earning minutes regardless of who is ahead of him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Ernst redshirted due to injury and that proves he was not good enough to earn minutes? Guess we should just push Jakolby Long out of the program then because he is not earning minutes regardless of who is ahead of him.

Ernst could have played last year, they chose to roll the dice with Carter instead. I don't think Ernst would be any better than Holden, you think he would be better and in the end it doesn't really matter

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Would Carter be playing at all at IHCC?

Our post game is extremely weak and the staff missed on which Big had the better potential. Misses happen, but we're starting to see an inability by the staff to even have a mid-major level post game.
When freshman Solomon Young looks much better than Bowie and Holden, I think Ernst might have brought something to the table. Carter is MIA. Lard was a straggler. We may win without a front court. In defense of Bowie who misses free throws and Holden who fouls, they are not built to be center material. They are thin forwards.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When freshman Solomon Young looks much better than Bowie and Holden, I think Ernst might have brought something to the table. Carter is MIA. Lard was a straggler. We may win without a front court. In defense of Bowie who misses free throws and Holden who fouls, they are not built to be center material. They are thin forwards.

How does that prove anything about Ernst?