Info: Es Tas tonight

bpmcclain

Nov 17, 2010
Ames
You can get the best Taco's in Ames while you are there too. Just stay away from the shrimp Taco's; I learned that the hard way...

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I feel dirty saying this, but considering the alternative...

M - I - Z - ...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just passing along word that Es Tas in Ames will have both the Vikings/Eagles and the Insight Bowl on tonight.

Should be a great time if you're looking for a spot to watch both games.

Chris, gotta say thanks for the Es Tas mention. We were heading to West Cyd Wings, but it was packed and ended up going to Es Tas because I remembered your post. Gotta say, those tacos are awesome! Had a good time rooting on the Eagles (fantasy football) and Tigers, even though neither won. We did end up causing a stupid hok fan to get kicked out of the place. Those hok fans are a touchy bunch!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris, gotta say thanks for the Es Tas mention. We were heading to West Cyd Wings, but it was packed and ended up going to Es Tas because I remembered your post. Gotta say, those tacos are awesome! Had a good time rooting on the Eagles (fantasy football) and Tigers, even though neither won. We did end up causing a stupid hok fan to get kicked out of the place. Those hok fans are a touchy bunch!

Frak -

I am glad that you had a great time. Es Tas really is my favorite bar in Ames and I'm not just saying that because they're an advertiser. It was before they got on board with us too. Be sure to stop by one of our post game shows sometime!

Chris

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Frak -

I am glad that you had a great time. Es Tas really is my favorite bar in Ames and I'm not just saying that because they're an advertiser. It was before they got on board with us too. Be sure to stop by one of our post game shows sometime!

Chris

That was fun. Hok fans at the table next to us got in our face because they overheard us calling Coker "cokehead". Actually had some guy ready to fight saying "Don't be talkin bad about the Hawks!". After the game, the staff had to haul him out because he couldn't control his temper (or liquor). Of course, one of our group needled him just over the edge. Pretended to be a tOSU fand and said that they only cared about BCS bowls and that the insight was beneath them. That was enough for drunk hok fan to go.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
That was fun. Hok fans at the table next to us got in our face because they overheard us calling Coker "cokehead". Actually had some guy ready to fight saying "Don't be talkin bad about the Hawks!". After the game, the staff had to haul him out because he couldn't control his temper (or liquor). Of course, one of our group needled him just over the edge. Pretended to be a tOSU fand and said that they only cared about BCS bowls and that the insight was beneath them. That was enough for drunk hok fan to go.

I hope that you reminded this idiot that he was sitting in a campustown bar in Ames, Iowa.