Es Tas

jbcyclone

Apr 11, 2006
Some were talking about it in the other thread and I thought I'd mention that the location on Welch is closed. They do have another location on Stanton.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I knew they were opening another location on Stanton (which I thought was strange) but I didn't know they were closing the one on Welch? Please tell me the location on Stanton is every bit as good, I LOVE ME SOME ES TAS!

I wonder if they'd consider opening a location in DSM??? :smile:

jbcyclone

Apr 11, 2006
I just found out about it today. I don't think it was in their original plans to close the one on Welch. The one on Stanton is/was only open on weekends as it was more bar than restaurant although I don't know for sure what they'll be doing now. I would think they would move the restaurant part there and be open all the time but who knows. Will probably know shortly.

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
what?!?! why would they move to another location? i could see them wanting a bigger location, but with all of the best bars in ames right there, why would they want to move?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I haven't been in the one on Welch, but I was in the one on Stanton in early December, and I thought it was pretty nice.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Hey, on the topic of Ames finest eating establishments, I have heard from a few people that Battle's isn't as good since George died. Anyone have an opinion on this? I've been meaning to get there myself ever since I moved back to Iowa, but just haven't made it yet.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Hey, on the topic of Ames finest eating establishments, I have heard from a few people that Battle's isn't as good since George died. Anyone have an opinion on this? I've been meaning to get there myself ever since I moved back to Iowa, but just haven't made it yet.

I've only had Battle's once in my life, and I think it was in the fall. I thought it was very good. I liked the barbecue better than Hickory Park.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

It's much better in Nevada!

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Campustown needs a major facelift. I went to Manhattan last weekend and it pails in comparison to Aggieville...

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
ive never been to battles. Ive heard nothing but good things about the place. but i have been to hickory park, and i wasnt too impressed with it.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
I knew they were opening another location on Stanton (which I thought was strange) but I didn't know they were closing the one on Welch? Please tell me the location on Stanton is every bit as good, I LOVE ME SOME ES TAS!

I wonder if they'd consider opening a location in DSM??? :smile:

I think the Mexican Restaurant market is pretty saturated in Des Moines.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron