ESPN app on smart tv

DClone

Apr 11, 2006
I'm having issues getting the ESPN app to work on my smart tv. It has always worked OK until tonight. I've tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it, but it won't work correctly. Anyone having similar issues or know how to fix this problem?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I was having issues tonight as well. The app would open, but nothing would show up.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Just stream from app on your phone and send to the Tv.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Not to beat up on OP but this is why I don't even consider apps built into the TV. You have no idea how long they will be supported and if they fail, that's it.

I want an inexpensive, high quality monitor with no apps. I will buy the streaming device separately.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
My 1 year old LG OLED Smart TV does not even offer the ESPN app! I have to have a Roku hooked up to watch it. Honestly, the smart TV apps are glitchy as hell anyway, so the Roku device is usually my goto anyway.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not to beat up on OP but this is why I don't even consider apps built into the TV. You have no idea how long they will be supported and if they fail, that's it.

I want an inexpensive, high quality monitor with no apps. I will buy the streaming device separately.

I am quickly heading that direction, not necessarily due to apps but it definitely seems like the processor is not capable of handling. Switching among things is lagy and whatnot.

Cyride1

Aug 18, 2012
I'm having issues getting the ESPN app to work on my smart tv. It has always worked OK until tonight. I've tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it, but it won't work correctly. Anyone having similar issues or know how to fix this problem?
Try unplugging the tv for about 30 seconds, so the apps on your tv do a hard reset. That has worked for me in the past when apps seem to freeze

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron