ESPN Gameday and laughing

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Possibly the most annoying thing (among many) about ESPN's College Gameday is all the laughing. Have you ever just sat there and listened to how much they laugh.... and at stuff that isn't funny whatsoever. Especially Desmond Howard, my word.

They HAVE to be told to do that by the producers, etc, right? They talk about nothing that is even remotely funny, and all start laughing like crazy.

McAfee will make his score prediction on a game.... say 21-10... and Howard will just burst out laughing for no reason. He's either told to do that or he's on some serious 'happy' drugs.

I know, I know... if I don't like it, don't watch... but I do find some of the stories interesting. But I do watch a LOT less now than ever before.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
WTF is with all the Jesus signs this year? ******* weird.

It was really bad for a while, then it seemed like you didn't see any for several weeks now.... but today they were sure back in full strength. So annoying. It's football... it's supposed to be fun and entertaining... keep your religious crap out of here!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Possibly the most annoying thing (among many) about ESPN's College Gameday is all the laughing. Have you ever just sat there and listened to how much they laugh.... and at stuff that isn't funny whatsoever. Especially Desmond Howard, my word.

They HAVE to be told to do that by the producers, etc, right? They talk about nothing that is even remotely funny, and all start laughing like crazy.

McAfee will make his score prediction on a game.... say 21-10... and Howard will just burst out laughing for no reason. He's either told to do that or he's on some serious 'happy' drugs.

I know, I know... if I don't like it, don't watch... but I do find some of the stories interesting. But I do watch a LOT less now than ever before.
Like you said, simple solution, do not watch it. Gameday is the highest rated show on Saturday morning, I like getting up and watching it for 3 hours before the games start.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Like you said, simple solution, do not watch it. Gameday is the highest rated show on Saturday morning, I like getting up and watching it for 3 hours before the games start.

If you start listening to all the laughing now... you'll grow to hate the show! I apologize now for ruining the show for you. You won't be able to un-hear it now.

• Creative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Years ago, when morning radio got away from local on-air DJS doing shows and the syndicated “Morning Zoos” started spreading everywhere, I had the same reaction to The Bob and Tom Show. That entire show is nothing but one host making a bad joke, and the rest of the hosts laughing their heads off and breathlessly adding to the joke. I mean, that’s it … one starts telling a moderately funny story, all you hear is laughing. You can’t force me to think something lame is actually funny just because you’re laughing at it.

(This is my opinion having only listened to Bob and Tom for about an hour and a half total over the past 30 years - but they were fake laughing for about 55 of those 90 minutes, so …)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sounds like The Morning Rush on KXNO. Also, people are bothered by signs at ESPN Gameday?

Reactions: royalcy