ESPN Poll..should BYU be added to Big 12

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Right now it's 74% yes.

I voted no. I like 10 teams. If there was expansion, and BYU worked, I wouldn't be against it.

Seems, though, once conference went east and scooped up WVa, going west seems silly.

If BYU was a possible member, I'd have preferred getting them and New Mexico (terrible football acquisition, but things can change).

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I would like to go back to 12, but feel the Big 12 should wait to see what happens with the conferences that expanded. Although unlikely, I wonder if there will be any schools feel like they're under appreciated and would think about a move.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Kansas and Iowa are the only states with more No's than Yes'.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I would like to go back to 12, but feel the Big 12 should wait to see what happens with the conferences that expanded. Although unlikely, I wonder if there will be any schools feel like they're under appreciated and would think about a move.
My concern with the waiting approach is that the other conferences expand and take the best schools available. Then when we look to expand we are left with low quality mid-majors. I say we add BYU and UCF. One for their brand (BYU) and the other for the recruiting (UCF). I can see BYU sitting without a dance partner for a while, but think UCF is growing and will probably be snatched up soon by a major conference.

As another CF poster noted (sorry, can't remember who it was to give proper credit), make two divisions and separate BYU and WV. That way they don't have to meet as often and help with traveling.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
ISU will never have a chance in football to win a Big 12 title untill there are 2 divisions and a conference title game. Adding BYU and anyone else regardless of who it is necessary for that to be a possibility, even if it means less tv$.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
My concern with the waiting approach is that the other conferences expand and take the best schools available. Then when we look to expand we are left with low quality mid-majors. I say we add BYU and UCF. One for their brand (BYU) and the other for the recruiting (UCF). I can see BYU sitting without a dance partner for a while, but think UCF is growing and will probably be snatched up soon by a major conference.

As another CF poster noted (sorry, can't remember who it was to give proper credit), make two divisions and separate BYU and WV. That way they don't have to meet as often and help with traveling.

I guess my question would be, who is going to swoop up and take BYU or UCF before we can? Those schools, along with Memphis and Cinci, are going to be there if we have to go to 12.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
ISU will never have a chance in football to win a Big 12 title untill there are 2 divisions and a conference title game. Adding BYU and anyone else regardless of who it is necessary for that to be a possibility, even if it means less tv$.

I agree with that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron