Extremely complimentary Harrison Barnes article.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Wow. The big names will come. I trust the staff has done all they can to keep this kid in Ames, IA. But, if he wants to go elsewhere, he will.

I really, really hope he ends up at ISU. I think he could be a star for the Cyclones and, being a hometown kid, could match the fan popularity of The Mayor.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We knew he would get recruited by the big boys based on what everybody has said so far. The great players all get recruited by the big boys. We need to win some of those recruiting battles especially when they are a local/regional talent.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It all comes down to whether or not Coach Prileou is here when Barnes commits. They have a very special bond that other teams can't match b/c of their ability to see each other often. I still think he is ours to lose.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Landing Barnes would be a HUGE step in the right direction and gain some "rep" in the recruiting circles if we can sign him over the big boys like UNC and Duke. Just like Lucca, the fans can possibly play a part in this by keeping the excitement and support up. We do have a great fan base and being a hometown kid, he could possibly create his own legacy here.

If we can get back to that excitement we had around the program back around 2000/2001 and sustain that it would be a huge boost for recruiting when you bring someone into a packed and loud Hilton. Right now we don't have that atmosphere we had during those seasons.

CyRide3

Jul 23, 2007
It all comes down to whether or not Coach Prileou is here when Barnes commits. They have a very special bond that other teams can't match b/c of their ability to see each other often. I still think he is ours to lose.

BINGO. And he's also close with our players, as well as the other staff.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Anyone remember that dumb movie, "Celtic Pride" where the guys kidnap the other team's star player so the Celtics win?

Let's get some of the Fanatics to kidnap Harrison and hold him until right before signing day. Keep the big boys away.

Disclaimer: I bear no legal responsibility if some CFers actually do this.

RushRush

Apr 1, 2008
Anyone remember that dumb movie, "Celtic Pride" where the guys kidnap the other team's star player so the Celtics win?

Let's get some of the Fanatics to kidnap Harrison and hold him until right before signing day. Keep the big boys away.

Disclaimer: I bear no legal responsibility if some CFers actually do this.

I didn't think posting about illegal activities was allowed on this message board? This post seems to cross that line and is just downright creepy.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I didn't think posting about illegal activities was allowed on this message board? This post seems to cross that line and is just downright creepy.

You of all people should be able to spot humor when you see it with all of your witty posts.

And it's not near as creepy as being a Golden Girls fanboy.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
IMO, getting Barnes is very simple. Show him some wins and promise of success, and he'll be a clone. Keep missing the post-season, and he is going to look to greener pastures.

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
It is fairly obvious that the clones will have to demonstrate a potential to go far in the tournament with him joining the team. If they don't, he's gone to one of the "big" boy teams. Eighteen-twenty wins next year would get us there. Then we have to hope that he isn't impressed by the bright lights and sunny days in LA, or somewhere else with similar glitter. I'm in no postition to evaluate his attachment to our staff and players, but that can all change dramatically over the next two years. My guess is that our chances of getting him signed are slim.

Cyc1ones

Mar 9, 2008
It would be great to see this kid as a Cyclone...just think his freshman year would be the same as Brackin's and Garrett's senior seasons.