F*CK IOWA

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
No, you're an Iowa fan because you're trolling ISU boards.

What is there to disagree with?
Do you see the irony here?

Wait, are you jereisb's other alt?
Isn't this dude one of the guy's that defends all bad Kansas basketball behavior too?

I don't think he's jereisb's alt. I think jereisb's schtick is that he's a KSU fan. I could be wrong about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Lyon309Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Isn't this dude one of the guy's that defends all bad Kansas basketball behavior too?

I don't think he's jereisb's alt. I think jereisb's schtick is that he's a KSU fan. I could be wrong about this.

I think someone said Jereisb is now @No Creativity.

I don't recall KSU stuff but definitely a big Iowa fan.

The other poster is less prone to melt down so maybe it's not the same.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I also think there is a question of whether it can be reviewed based on the rules as written since they only refer fair catch signals being reviewable and not invalid fair catch signals. But that’s another topic.

Every rules analyst and ref that has been interviewed has said the call was correct. He is waiving his left arm. It's obvious. If you can't see it, then you must be watching the clip that only shows him fielding the ball before he takes off with it(which seems to be the only clip shown on Iowa media). Or you are trolling. Or you are lying to yourself. Or you are dumb. I'm guessing you are watching the wrong clip.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I also think there is a question of whether it can be reviewed based on the rules as written since they only refer fair catch signals being reviewable and not invalid fair catch signals. But that’s another topic.
All scoring plays are reviewed in their entirety and every aspect of the play can be reviewed.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I used to tell people even I could have been moderately successful behind that line, with that run game. Didnt like 3 of those OL have long NFL careers? And the RB Betts was a NFL guy for a while.

I always thought Banks was physically great, but lacking mentally- reading defenses, processing, decision making. And in the NFL thats probably what matters most.
Banks was also 5-10 on a good day and didn't have a rocket arm. Great college QB, would have never made the NFL. There are a ton of stories out there like him.

Also, Betts graduated in 2001 and Fred Russel was the primary back in 2002 with Jermelle Lewis as the backup.

• Informative
Reactions: CascadeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Banks was also 5-10 on a good day and didn't have a rocket arm. Great college QB, would have never made the NFL. There are a ton of stories out there like him.

Also, Betts graduated in 2001 and Fred Russel was the primary back in 2002 with Jermelle Lewis as the backup.

I have some acquaintances/friends that were around that 2002 team and I think Banks had some pretty good even-keeled style of leadership qualities that were great assets.

They had a nice season and all but they also needed some late game stuff to pull through.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So if you want to argue about the wave, then argue about the “leap” over a stationary blocker that also wasn’t called
I've seen you keep bringing this up. I don't think that is what he did. He leapt through the gap between the two players which is allowed. There are two Minny punt shield protectors trying to block three Iowa players. The guy on the bottom of the screen first swings out wide to get the outside Iowa player and then the inside Iowa player attempted to leap through the gap, but at the last second the Minny player lunged toward the leaping player and got a piece of the side of his body.

I can see why that was a no call.

"However, it is not a foul if the player attempts to leap through or over the gap between players, and it is not a foul if the player tries to block the punt by jumping straight up in the air without attempting to leap over the opponent."

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I have some acquaintances/friends that were around that 2002 team and I think Banks had some pretty good even-keeled style of leadership qualities that were great assets.

They had a nice season and all but they also needed some late game stuff to pull through.
Yep, blew the ISU game. Almost blew the PSU game and won in OT. Beat a decent Purdue team at home on a 4th down TD in the Dallas Clark game. But they rolled the rest of the regular season schedule and then had a 50 day wait before the Orange Bowl.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron