F*CK IOWA

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Plus it is never “called” because it gets blown dead typically. You see invalid fair catch signals a fair number of times. PR catches or fields a punt after doing something similar, starts running, it gets blown dead, PR looks around confused, and they move to the next play. Then they show a replay and it looks like something similar.

There is nothing interesting about this call at all except they let it play out and how a return would’ve impacted the game.
When I was watching it, I was yelling at the TV about a fair catch signal. Then when they were reviewing it, i was wanting them to go back further in the replay. I wouldn't have complained if that call had gone against Iowa State. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand you can't go waving your arm around and then run with the ball. Iowa fans.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
For ISU fans who were wanting Campbell fired, I just dare you to watch a replay of that game and retain that opinion about CMC.

Reactions: David Stetzel

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Miller has been really good on the Iowa Everywhere podcasts. He was a douche in his KXNO days and worse when he got the brief TV deal. He admitted it in one of the early podcasts and even talked openly about how as he leaned into the combative, defensive Hawk talk guy for media it negatively impacted his personal life. He is a really good listen, and I'm happy for him he turned things around personally.
Yup, important to give credit where credit is due. I'm biased of course, but living in reality and calling a spade a spade is what really separates us from iowa. We should take every opportunity to reinforce that distinction.

I, for one, have been checking the Iowa Everywhere page everyday since we beat Cincinnati because I was looking forward to see his opinion on it. I almost can't believe I'm saying this because of how he used to be, but I do find him to be a smart guy and thoughtful guy, and I genuinely enjoy listening to his takes.

He's a great addition to Iowa Everywhere, and I'd like to see him record more frequently.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
They went beserk after Hassell did the Little Lick bit once
Yeah. I've listened to local talk and hear them talk about the athletic departments at both schools enough to know they pay attention to what local media says and can be every bit as sensitive as the fans. Maybe more so.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
@brentblum, do we have any NIL we could hook this lady up with for a transfer next year?

And the beauty of NIL!, Can we now start ripping into players as they are no longer "poor 18-20 year old amateurs'."
Love it when he says Kirk deserved this.

Last edited:

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
He's a great addition to Iowa Everywhere, and I'd like to see him record more frequently.
I loved the Clockwork Orange reference, but I thought he was a little hard on Deacon Hill. The coaches are responsible for what's on the field. Just putting new pieces in won't fix it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I listened to Jon Miller's reaction on my walk yesterday getting ready to just bask in the butt-hurt and he was surprisingly very honest, objective and wasn't afraid to pull punches.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
He was waiting for a Minnesota player to run into his waving hand to get a personnel foul for running into the receiver. TOE are cheating mfers.

• Agree
Reactions: mikeiastat

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Have not heard one word on the fan conduct at the game. Ball washing sports writers must have not been there.
In the eyes of the media, the fan conduct was justified. How dare officials use replay to make the correct call? Iowa still only had to go 20-25 yards with a timeout and 90 seconds to get into field goal range. Funny how nobody is discussing how Iowa failed to take advantage of that field position to get in range for a game winning field goal.

Nope. The refs lost the game for Iowa. Iowa fans act like 4 year olds throwing things onto the field where their own cheer squad take shelter under their signs to protect their heads. And they expect everyone to feel sorry for them.

The only people I feel sorry are the kids at the game who have to witness these actions. They are then likely to behave the same way when they are adults. I’m not saying ISU fans are saints…. But we will just “boo” relentlessly at the officials. That’s far better than throwing objects towards people

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
No matter how many times it’s explained to them, Iowa fans just can’t comprehend…

That some serious hawkdumb hillbilly stupidity. Do they just try their hardest to keep themselves uneducated in the land of denial?

Tell me you are the dumbest fan base in America without telling me you are the dumbest fantase in America

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
Yeah, because just like when they pelted the pregnant lady on Barstools set, they will deny it ever happened and deny it ever does.

There are several regular posters on here that flat out denied they do or did such a thing, even when there is video evidence. Then when you proved it, they came back with "well they deserved it".

But but but.... you bumped into one of our band members... in a mass packed crowd, that said band went against directions and rammed into said packed crowd. Is what they usually come back with.
After that game, Iowa fans/band members were claiming Iowa State fans shattered the windshield of their bus. Somehow, miraculously, the windshield fixed itself before they rolled into Iowa City.

• Haha
Reactions: Jonyrose and NWICY

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
LOL, that whole thing looks like a Nazi propaganda flier they used to drop on towns in WWII.
Damn. You'd have thought they lost the national championship instead of a meaningless game that won't affect them winning the B1G Ten West title.

Reactions: exCYtable