F1 2024 Discussion

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I’m legit shocked Max’s car died, it’s seemed invincible for like 2 years now. So weird to see him out of a race.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What happened with the Merc double DNF too? It seems like every team is making bad choices now.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Holy ****, just finished the race, shocked that wasn’t an immediate red flag with George laying on his side across the narrow track there. Could have been bad.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Holy ****, just finished the race, shocked that wasn’t an immediate red flag with George laying on his side across the narrow track there. Could have been bad.

Could hear the fear in his voice while he was sitting in the middle of the track and not being able to see if he was about to get hit or not.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Many open seats next year. Someone will grab him.
I just hope he gets a competitive seat, I just don't know what that seat is. As much of a clown show as Ferrari has been it's still the most competitive seat other than Red Bull right now. McLaren is looking better but they're not ditching Norris or Pistari, Mercedes is starting to look like a disaster and outside of that where do you go that isn't a midfield on a good day seat?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Awesome win for Carlos. Also doesn't mean Ferrari made the wrong decision. Any team who could, would take Lewis if they had the chance so that was a no brainer even if he ends up truly being washed, we'll see once he's back in a car that can compete.

So your choice is Sainz or Leclerc and they obviously chose the higher upside driver. Could that end up being wrong? Of course, but let's not pretend like Leclerc hasn't been solidly better than Sainz for the past two seasons. Sainz definitely is the more consistent and steadier set of hands however and Leclerc comes with the peaks and valleys that are both very high and very low.

Carlos has come out on fire for sure though and he'd probably be leading the WDC if not for missing Jeddah, as I'm assuming he'd have 3rd or 4th there given how Ferrari looked on that circut. Charles is catching a little to much grief in my opinion though for a very good start with 4th (with a brake issue), 3rd, and 2nd.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I just hope he gets a competitive seat, I just don't know what that seat is. As much of a clown show as Ferrari has been it's still the most competitive seat other than Red Bull right now. McLaren is looking better but they're not ditching Norris or Pistari, Mercedes is starting to look like a disaster and outside of that where do you go that isn't a midfield on a good day seat?
Alonso Sainz in the Aston Martin would be a dream..