F1 2024 Discussion

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Red Bulls in trouble
Red Bull don’t have the speed

Oh wait nevermind

Max takes pole

I'm half convinced Red Bull and Max are just playing with crazy car setups during most of practice. Consulting a Magic 8 Ball, and Ouijia board, and maybe rolling dice to get setups, then actually trying during qualifying.

Or maybe they are just changing random things on Max's car to see if he notices.

Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'm half convinced Red Bull and Max are just playing with crazy car setups during most of practice. Consulting a Magic 8 Ball, and Ouijia board, and maybe rolling dice to get setups, then actually trying during qualifying.

Or maybe they are just changing random things on Max's car to see if he notices.

I think they sandbagged this weekend in practice after their last race. Just making everyone talk about them. Then Max went full Max and smashed everyone

Reactions: Clonefan94

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Mclaren looks like they're for real, Red Bull finally has someone that can give them a real fight.
If that race was 5 laps longer I think Lando would have had a shot at taking the win from Max. It's about damn time somebody is starting to make the front interesting 2 races in a row. I'm sure Monaco will be a typical high speed parade but after that I'm hoping we see Lando taking the fight to Max consistently. It's bee a while since we had a fight at the front between two different teams.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
If that race was 5 laps longer I think Lando would have had a shot at taking the win from Max. It's about damn time somebody is starting to make the front interesting 2 races in a row. I'm sure Monaco will be a typical high speed parade but after that I'm hoping we see Lando taking the fight to Max consistently. It's bee a while since we had a fight at the front between two different teams.

I saw the drivers talking about Max getting a big tow from Hulk in Q3, so they all thought their qualifying pace was pretty close to RB. If that's the case we should get a pretty good show on Saturday.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I saw the drivers talking about Max getting a big tow from Hulk in Q3, so they all thought their qualifying pace was pretty close to RB. If that's the case we should get a pretty good show on Saturday.

It's about time it's evening out. It was cool for a minute watching Max destroying everyone. However, the product is not going to stay popular if they are concentrating on Kevin Magnison trying to pass Ocon down in 15th place and thats the most exciting thing about the race. If Ferrari and Mercedes can get their cars up to McClaren and Red Bull the product will be so much better.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

The announcers said Piastri actually had the fastest Q3 lap outside of the tow Max got from Hulk. McLaren has their car dialed in and actually seem to be making a bunch more progress when they introduce upgrades compared to other teams. The second half of the season should be fun. Lando and Piastri are a fun duo to root for.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I think this is possible. The announcers certainly don't halp the situation in practice either. This is what drove me nuts when Mercedes was running away with everything. They'd come out the first two practices and be way off, pull it together somewhat in P3. The whole time the announcers would tell us how Mercedes is just off and how they were going to struggle in qualifying and the race. Then Hamilton would go P1, Botas P2 and run away with the race. Although, in this case, I think Red Bull is doing it because they know there are teams that are putting a crack in their dominance and they might not be able to just skate through the rest of the season.

I really hope that McLaren and other teams can really keep up the pressure. That race was great watching Lando creeping up on Max those last 10 laps or so. It wouldn't surprise me if McLaren is at least on par with Red Bull right now, I just think Max is one of those generational talents that is one of those drivers who just gets it right when he has to.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I think this is possible. The announcers certainly don't halp the situation in practice either. This is what drove me nuts when Mercedes was running away with everything. They'd come out the first two practices and be way off, pull it together somewhat in P3. The whole time the announcers would tell us how Mercedes is just off and how they were going to struggle in qualifying and the race. Then Hamilton would go P1, Botas P2 and run away with the race. Although, in this case, I think Red Bull is doing it because they know there are teams that are putting a crack in their dominance and they might not be able to just skate through the rest of the season.

I really hope that McLaren and other teams can really keep up the pressure. That race was great watching Lando creeping up on Max those last 10 laps or so. It wouldn't surprise me if McLaren is at least on par with Red Bull right now, I just think Max is one of those generational talents that is one of those drivers who just gets it right when he has to.

Yeah. That's all you seem to hear from the media (mainly because they need something to talk about). Red Bull now and Mercedes are kind of like a long term, veteran player in pro sports. Can kind of coast through practices, just kind of needs to be there to get a feel, and then turns it up to 100 on game day and proves that they are just dominant.

It will be nice to see if McLaren keeps up the pace. Push Red Bull some and see how they respond.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The only surprising thing about that is waiting until next season to dump Sargent.
Agree but if you think about it. They are already gonna pay Sgt. They are not going to get point with anyone else. Might as well just let him serve the contract out instead of paying someone else to come in and drive and having to pay Logan also.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Agree but if you think about it. They are already gonna pay Sgt. They are not going to get point with anyone else. Might as well just let him serve the contract out instead of paying someone else to come in and drive and having to pay Logan also.
I'm pretty sure Sargent is a pay driver though so it's more of a case of how much sponsorship money would they lose out to with him out of that seat. He's in that seat because his uncle is financing it.