Facilities and financial update from Jamie Pollard

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
https://www.iowastatedaily.com/news...cle_1912700e-f8a6-11e7-b99b-7f1fbda1b5b6.html

nothing no one?

4cbd1884d66b4.image.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Nice set-up for the email about re-tiering the Cyclone Club.

I'll be really interested to see if they link the various parts of the Iowa State Center in the benefits packages. For instance, throw in some tickets to shows at Stephens for certain types of donors. It seems like something they could do that would add great value to donors, but not necessarily cost the Athletic Department anything because the seats would be spread out among events that will be held anyway.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I hope the Hilton renovations get started sooner rather than later as doing something with that facility has been floated around more than just this most recent project too. The concessions and concourse area really needs an overhaul. This Saturday was a prime example with half the concessions closed including all the walking taco stands and half the clone cone stands which made the west end a mess to get through with the lines crazy long. I know they had staffing issues so that was understandable but it just magnified how out-dated and lacking our concessions are as well as the lack of space to get around when it's congested.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Nice set-up for the email about re-tiering the Cyclone Club.

I'll be really interested to see if they link the various parts of the Iowa State Center in the benefits packages. For instance, throw in some tickets to shows at Stephens for certain types of donors. It seems like something they could do that would add great value to donors, but not necessarily cost the Athletic Department anything because the seats would be spread out among events that will be held anyway.

A hospitality area for donors in Scheman -- with an enclosed walkway between Scheman and Hilton -- sounds like a combination of a grander Stage Door and a Johnny's Lite.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A hospitality area for donors in Scheman -- with an enclosed walkway between Scheman and Hilton -- sounds like a combination of a grander Stage Door and a Johnny's Lite.

The latter is especially needed. Johnnys is downright claustrophobia-inducing before\during games.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Mother Nature has the plans. Isu is just dumb enough to put more infrastructure in a flood zone
But that was a 100 year flood so we are good for another 90+ years. :jimlad:

(and yes I know that is a natural recurring probability but with more runoff, etc. the likelihood of a recurrence is more like 20-30 years.)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Mother Nature has the plans. Isu is just dumb enough to put more infrastructure in a flood zone
Now that Ioway Creek has been converted to the Zambezi going through town, ain't nothing going to flood in Ames any more.

Reactions: Snydes

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
But that was a 100 year flood so we are good for another 90+ years. :jimlad:

(and yes I know that is a natural recurring probability but with more runoff, etc. the likelihood of a recurrence is more like 20-30 years.)

Wasn't there a plan to work on that watershed? If they can get the water moving faster south of town, it won't be backed up in Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron