Faith

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I have faith In Fred. We will be fine. I keep telling myself this....but these two games, early as they are, are alarming. Lost on defense in both. Selfish on offense tonight.

Folks, if we play defense like this all year, we lose whenever we are cold on offense or the other team is hot offensively. Time will tell - we have gelled before before conference play. But I'm a little concerned we don't yet have an alpha dog leader. I suspect George will fill that role.

Deep breath. We will be fine.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
McKay is the missing piece on defense, so I'm really not worried about that. We have too many interior scorers, and no interior defenders without McKay. He will bring that height and mean streak inside to help us defend better, not to mention a true post player on offense. As much as I love Niang, he will struggle to post up people inside unless we can draw them out(by making outside shots, by having somebody like McKay drawing attention on the interior.)

Lack of sharing the ball tonight is a major concern however, I'm sure Fred will be drilling that into their heads on practice. Only 8 assists tonight, did not look like a Hoiberg coached team on offense.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
FaithHillBreathealbumcover.jpg

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Haha. I didn't mean to keep the 80's theme going. It was more balancing my nervousness about our defense with my faith in Fred and that we will develop.

About McKay....I hope we don't put toooooo much pressure on him fixing our defense. He is not Embiid (letting us depend on him for every rim stop). Unless of course he is Embiid. :)

i read the the articles from Fran F and the others....they called out our defense from watching practice. The last two games are data points to support their lone criticism.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I have faith In Fred. We will be fine. I keep telling myself this....but these two games, early as they are, are alarming. Lost on defense in both. Selfish on offense tonight.

Folks, if we play defense like this all year, we lose whenever we are cold on offense or the other team is hot offensively. Time will tell - we have gelled before before conference play. But I'm a little concerned we don't yet have an alpha dog leader. I suspect George will fill that role.

Deep breath. We will be fine.

all hope is lost. 0-16 for sure.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
This is really all you needed to say. When you shoot 29% from the field against any self-respecting D1 team, you're gonna have a bad time.

Yup, and this is true of ANY team. This is why the top teams end the season with several losses... Teams have bad nights. We had one of the statistically worst nights in Hoiberg's tenure tonight. Not much you can do about an off night.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Couldn't hit any shots. Period. The refs didn't help. That one bad call off of the Maryland player's leg widened the lead at a bad moment.

"Bad Moment"....this whole game except for the start was just ONE Big Bad Moment.

The Cyclones played NO defense and was extremely selfish on Offense.

Things had better change or its going to be unfulfilled Potential.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't think it's alarming at all. It's tough to have a team start is strong in November as last year. That isn't going to happen too much.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Well, I predicted 30-1 so I'm saying there's a chance.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
"Bad Moment"....this whole game except for the start was just ONE Big Bad Moment.

The Cyclones played NO defense and was extremely selfish on Offense.

Things had better change or its going to be unfulfilled Potential.[/QU
OTE]

:nah:
Bit dramatic I think