Fans not excited to come to Des Moines

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Lol it was a joke obviously, for one, mobile homes arent normally that mobile, 2nd, the domes been gone awhile, 3 why the hell would the stay at cuttys, 4, why would I drive past cuttys as I live 2 hours away.

Sorry I ruined your night.

It's always easy to come in after the fact and be like "Oh yeah, it was a joke. Totally wasn't serious." Good one. That was funny stuff. Ha. And might I add, Ha...

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
It's always easy to come in after the fact and be like "Oh yeah, it was a joke. Totally wasn't serious." Good one. That was funny stuff. Ha. And might I add, Ha...

I don't even know why I originally had him on ignore, but following along with your little spat with him, I'm glad he's there.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He didn't mention that you have to watch the 2.5 minute fluff report imbedded in the story to even know they're in Des Moines. ;)

I see. I never watch those things. Pretty positive, although pretty typical "aren't iowans nice!" stuff. Surprised at the lack of UK fans. It's a 1 day drive for goodness sakes. Bunch of spoiled crybabies.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I see. I never watch those things. Pretty positive, although pretty typical "aren't iowans nice!" stuff. Surprised at the lack of UK fans. It's a 1 day drive for goodness sakes. Bunch of spoiled crybabies.

What a pathetic fan base. For once the NCAA doesn't bend over backwards for them, so they decide to not come and support their team. I hope Indiana destroys them

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
What a pathetic fan base. For once the NCAA doesn't bend over backwards for them, so they decide to not come and support their team. I hope Indiana destroys them
Does UK normally travel well? Seems like teams who are in the tournament every year don't travel the greatest.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'd like to root against Kentucky, but if Hawaii could beat Maryland, and Kentucky beat Indiana, that could be fun.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Does UK normally travel well? Seems like teams who are in the tournament every year don't travel the greatest.

I don't know, but in the post game interviews the players seemed surprised at the lack of fans. One of them more or less called out the lack of fan support.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Based on what I saw in the stands on Thursday, they had the most fans there of any of the teams playing. I was actually surprised at the lack of Kansas fans.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

UK travels well the first weekend, if they're playing close to home. I'd expect many fans of perennial contenders save their money for extended travel in the second or third weekend.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I really hate how butthurt we get when someone doesn’t have an amazing opinion of Des Moines or Iowa. We get all upset and start circle jerking about our 120 beer bar, improving quality of life, or revitalized downtown. Why do we even feel the need to brag about the merits of being a resident of Des Moines to a potential visitor? Then we have to put down other places to try and make us feel better. Most of us are college educated and choose to live in Des Moines despite other options. That is great for us, but we don’t always have to defend the ******* decision.

All this hatred spewed towards Kentucky as we are trying to welcome them as visitors to our city. We have an opportunity to showcase ourselves and put on a good show for one specific purpose but our inferiority complex makes us anything but welcoming. It is the same stupid mentality of those “Iowa Native” window stickers. Yeah, OK… You, and literally everyone else that lives here.

Cal’s comments weren’t even negative towards Des Moines, but we choose to take things out of context so we can defend our safe neighborhoods and affordable housing. Don’t get me wrong, Des Moines is great. But so are a ton of other places, including Kentucky.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I really hate how butthurt we get when someone doesn’t have an amazing opinion of Des Moines or Iowa. We get all upset and start circle jerking about our 120 beer bar, improving quality of life, or revitalized downtown. Why do we even feel the need to brag about the merits of being a resident of Des Moines to a potential visitor? Then we have to put down other places to try and make us feel better. Most of us are college educated and choose to live in Des Moines despite other options. That is great for us, but we don’t always have to defend the ******* decision.

All this hatred spewed towards Kentucky as we are trying to welcome them as visitors to our city. We have an opportunity to showcase ourselves and put on a good show for one specific purpose but our inferiority complex makes us anything but welcoming. It is the same stupid mentality of those “Iowa Native” window stickers. Yeah, OK… You, and literally everyone else that lives here.

Cal’s comments weren’t even negative towards Des Moines, but we choose to take things out of context so we can defend our safe neighborhoods and affordable housing. Don’t get me wrong, Des Moines is great. But so are a ton of other places, including Kentucky.

Yeah, because the attitude of some posters on CF is reflective of how Iowans are treating UK fans that are here. You're an idiot.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, because the attitude of some posters on CF is reflective of how Iowans are treating UK fans that are here. You're an idiot.

TBH - we enjoyed the company of the UK fans sitting around us far more than we enjoyed the company of the Hawkeyes around us.

No problem with Hawkeyes representing in their team colors - but it's a little bit lame to frequently and randomly shout "Go Hawkeyes" in a venue where there's only one team present who even knows who they are, let alone cares...