Fantasy football trades

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Attempted to trade Christine Michael and Allen Hurns for Jordy Nelson and was vetoed. Wanted some opinions on this as I felt it was a fair trade? Michael would be this person's RB1 as injuries and poor draft choices have decimated his roster.

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
I hate leagues that allow trades to be vetoed. If two people agree on a trade then that should be all that matters. Much like in the situation you outlined, different teams are going to value players differently based on the makeup of their roster. And if someone is stupid enough to make a terrible trade then its their own fault and nobody should be able to stop someone else from taking advantage.

Obviously the one thing to watch out for is collusion. But you just have to hope your league members have enough integrity not to go there. I have a league where vetoes don't exist and trading things outside of players and draft picks is completely acceptable (money, favors, etc.).

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Attempted to trade Christine Michael and Allen Hurns for Jordy Nelson and was vetoed. Wanted some opinions on this as I felt it was a fair trade? Michael would be this person's RB1 as injuries and poor draft choices have decimated his roster.

If what you say is true that trade clearly benefits both sides and whoever vetoed it should feel bad.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No way that trade should've been vetoed. I think there needs to be a veto option to avoid clear cases of rigging a roster late in the season, but never in a case like this even if it's a little lopsided.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
No good reason to veto that trade; someone has an ax to grind. It would be different if a team out of contention is selling off their best players or something like that, but if one player is just taking advantage of another player's stupidity then that's just part of the game.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Great, fair trade imo. Sounds like you play fantasy with idiots

NIClone

Feb 25, 2012
Veto should only be allowed by commissioner and should really only be used if there was collusion be a doubt.

Reactions: LLCoolCY