Farmageddon Hypothetical

Do you want to see Farmageddon as a non-conference game in 2027?

• Yes, no matter what

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Yes, but only if we don't play the CyHawk game

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
2027 is the year we aren't scheduled to KSU. That will be the 110th anniversary of the initial meeting in this consecutively played series.

Would you be willing to sacrifice the CyHawk game that year to play Farmageddon as a non-conference game and keep the streak alive? For me it's a resounding "yes". For one, we've already been through a season with no CyHawk game, and the lack of toxicity was absolutely refreshing. Secondly, the Farmageddon streak is one of the few (possibly only) really interesting or unique "college football" type things that ISU has. Finding a way to preserve this would mean a ton to me. Frankly, as a fan, I'd be fine playing both Farmageddon and CyHawk in the non conference with only one tune up game.

Just curious where everyone else is.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In all this realignment crap ISU has always given, Jamie should have protected this game. It really should be played but I doubt it will be because dollars are the most important thing in college athletics right now.

If it came down to Farmageddon or skipping the Iowa game for a yr,skip the Iowa game.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
In all this realignment crap ISU has always given, Jamie should have protected this game. It really should be played but I doubt it will be because dollars are the most important thing in college athletics right now.

If it came down to Farmageddon or skipping the Iowa game for a yr,skip the Iowa game.

If it was true what JP said when this was announced that we only bought 165 tickets of our allocated tickets in Manhattan the last time, I can sort of see the reasoning. Admittedly I am part of the problem as I have only been there once, in college, in 2013.

Just mad we’re losing our rivalries left and right.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If it was true what JP said when this was announced that we only bought 165 tickets of our allocated tickets in Manhattan the last time, I can sort of see the reasoning. Admittedly I am part of the problem as I have only been there once, in college, in 2013.

Meh I'm pretty sure most people don't buy their FB tickets from the athletic department.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

There are WAY more than 165 ISU fans at any given game in Manhattan.

I've been twice and not once have purchased tickets through ISU's allocation.

I suspect that Jamie and the KSU AD are both annoyed with the tag "Farmageddon" and don't want to embrace the ag school/hick vibes. Jamie would never actually say that publicly, so he tries to act like the game doesn't matter to fans, and that's simply not true. It was our only actual sell out in 2022.

• Dumb
Reactions: royalcy

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I do wish there was an option of scheduling a 13th game, like in 2002.
iirc - the rule at the time was if you played a "neutral site" game to open season that allowed you a 13th game

i do think you can schedule a 13th game still if you play at Hawaii

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
There are WAY more than 165 ISU fans at any given game in Manhattan.

I've been twice and not once have purchased tickets through ISU's allocation.

I suspect that Jamie and the KSU AD are both annoyed with the tag "Farmageddon" and don't want to embrace the ag school/hick vibes. Jamie would never actually say that publicly, so he tries to act like the game doesn't matter to fans, and that's simply not true. It was our only actual sell out in 2022.
agree with this theory but man thats so lame.
embrace your culture.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Outside of our own fanbases and maybe a quick mention on the opening of the broadcast does any college fan know or even care about the number of years? Most casual fans and mainstream media only know it from the term farmageddon which has been around for what 15 years?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
but i care enough to tell you all that i dont care about it
85ff4fa4-957e-497b-af0e-6c120e026a98_text.gif

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
2027 is the year we aren't scheduled to KSU. That will be the 110th anniversary of the initial meeting in this consecutively played series.

Would you be willing to sacrifice the CyHawk game that year to play Farmageddon as a non-conference game and keep the streak alive? For me it's a resounding "yes". For one, we've already been through a season with no CyHawk game, and the lack of toxicity was absolutely refreshing. Secondly, the Farmageddon streak is one of the few (possibly only) really interesting or unique "college football" type things that ISU has. Finding a way to preserve this would mean a ton to me. Frankly, as a fan, I'd be fine playing both Farmageddon and CyHawk in the non conference with only one tune up game.

Just curious where everyone else is.
If it was the longest streak then yes, but it's not even close

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
Farmageddon is now the longest consecutively played series in college football. Happened during COVID.

There are longer streaks, but those series had been previously interrupted.
I would think Minnesota Wisconsin and Kansas Kansas State would still be longer for sure without looking anything up

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I would think Minnesota Wisconsin and Kansas Kansas State would still be longer for sure without looking anything up
They are, but both series have been interrupted. That's what makes Farmageddon the longest consecutively played series in the country.

There have been series that date back farther. There are series that have been played more times in a row. All of those series have taken a year off at least for one reason or another. Since ISU and KSU first met in 2017, they've never missed a year. No other uninterrupted series has started earlier.

Help Support Us

Become a patron