Farmageddon Hypothetical

Do you want to see Farmageddon as a non-conference game in 2027?

• Yes, no matter what

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Yes, but only if we don't play the CyHawk game

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 45.5%

• Total voters

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
They are, but both series have been interrupted. That's what makes Farmageddon the longest consecutively played series in the country.

There have been series that date back farther. There are series that have been played more times in a row. All of those series have taken a year off at least for one reason or another. Since ISU and KSU first met in 2017, they've never missed a year. No other uninterrupted series has started earlier.
When as Kanas Kansas State interupted, or Clemson South Carolina, or Oklahoma Oklahoma State. WW2?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
as interrupted in 1910.

Clemson/SC was interrupted in 1902 for 7 years, and also during COVID

Bedlam is interrupted for the foreseeable future
If Kansas and Kansas State were interrupted in 1910 and started again in 1911, doesn't that make it older still? Since it was 1917 when Kansas State and Iowa State started? Or are you counting the interruption even before we started with them, as an interruption. Seems like a technicality, but probably a bigger deal than what I originally thought. I would still vote no on the non conference, but it should have been a protected game in the new scheduling.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If Kansas and Kansas State were interrupted in 1910 and started again in 1911, doesn't that make it older still? Since it was 1917 when Kansas State and Iowa State started? Or are you counting the interruption even before we started with them, as an interruption. Seems like a technicality, but probably a bigger deal than what I originally thought. I would still vote no on the non conference, but it should have been a protected game in the new scheduling.
Bingo.

ISU/KSU has never been interrupted. Of all the series in college football that have never been interrupted, ISU/KSU is the oldest.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I love old Big 8 games, but I don't give a hoot about the K-State game in general.

I have no issue giving up the game for one year to help the new Big XII - which I like very much.

Let's Go State!

• Disagree
Reactions: alarson

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
I do wish there was an option of scheduling a 13th game, like in 2002.
There is, the Hawaii rule. If you play an away game vs Hawaii you are allowed to schedule a 13th game.

Reactions: Messi

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I guess I just don’t have the same passion for uninterrupted part of the series. Do I like beating k state and love seeing them lose? Yup. At the same time we aren’t even their biggest rival and they aren’t ours so I don’t get the big deal and obsession with k state.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If I’m honest, Jerome Tang being such a massive pile of cow excrement is the only time I’ve been that passionate about wanting to play and beat KSU.

The groin kicks for a few years there were we outplayed them in football yet lost the game on clear ref BS or CPR not understanding how a clock works did add a little something. The five year stretch where they only had to come to JTS once ticked me off but Ireland is kind of making that somewhat even the way they’ll lose a home game over it and we will not.

• Agree
Reactions: ClubCy

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Its pretty dumb that JP would argue if a series is a rivalry based on road game allotment ticket sales. I would think home game single game ticket sales would be a better measure anyways. Who wants a road trip to Manhattan KS

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Why would our media partners want to protect ISU vs KSU? Outside of our fans, nobody cares.

• Agree
Reactions: ClubCy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
These things need a fan outcry to happen and based on this poll so far, there won't be much of an outcry if only 50% of fanatical fans care enough.

NOTE: I voted Yes, play no matter what.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
These things need a fan outcry to happen and based on this poll so far, there won't be much of an outcry if only 50% of fanatical fans care enough.

NOTE: I voted Yes, play no matter what.
Tailgate tour coming up I'm going to bring it up to either Pillard or Campbell. I'm poor enough that's the only way I have contact with them. A BMD I am not

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its pretty dumb that JP would argue if a series is a rivalry based on road game allotment ticket sales. I would think home game single game ticket sales would be a better measure anyways. Who wants a road trip to Manhattan KS

Its pretty dumb that this is getting argued either way. It is what it is. We're lucky that ISU has remained in a power conference. Realignment has had consequences, and this is just one of them. Time to move on.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I couldn’t care less about playing K-State. I have zero rivalry vibes towards them, they’re just another team. Honestly, I don’t particularly care if we play Iowa either.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm torn. I hate losing something like the longest consecutive annual rivalry because once it is broken, it can't be unbroken. But I also hate losing non-conference warm up games as they seem so necessary for us. Similarly, I worry about giving up the CyHok game would be the beginning of the demise for that series. However, maybe another early game with K-State would be a way for Campbell to open up the playbook earlier in the season.

Need an option for playing the game instead of one of the other non-conference opponents.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Is this a bad time to mention that the '27 non-con is already finished and it literally can't happen without it costing a bunch of money?

South Dakota State
Iowa
at Bowling Green

Reactions: cyfanatic

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Just so we are clear. People voting yes are willing to play 11 p4 games in a season as we are desperately wanting and trying have a 10 win season? Something that’s never happened before. To keep a consecutive streak that probably half our fanbase doesn’t know exists?

• Disagree
Reactions: NWICY