Favorite FBS program outside of Iowa State?

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
KSU (although a few of their fans annoy me), Tech, NC State (my niece and her husband went there), and Wisconsin (because Iowa fans hate them and I love the state).

A few of my close friends road tripped to every big 12 school by going to one away game a year. They started shortly after the big 12 first formed, so some of those schools aren’t even there anymore. I can’t remember who they started with but they finished with West Virginia. They said they were only treated poorly by a few Sooner fans and were treated at least decent everywhere. They said they were treated the best at Oklahoma State and next would be West Virginia. They said the good old boys in the parking lot in Morgantown were just happy they were there and wouldn’t let them take out their tailgating stuff. They fed them well and got them drunk on beer and moonshine.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma State and Purdue. Both universities and fans very similar to Iowa State. Been to many games in Stillwater. Their fans are great. I lived in West Lafayette for a while. I enjoyed my time there.

Reactions: dirtyninety
Nov 23, 2019
Really fun thread

I’ve always liked different schools for different reasons, some for one sport, some for multiple sports and some for a combo of academic and athletic success.

Basketball: (admittedly I may be somewhat stuck in the 80’s)
Georgetown
Georgia Tech
Syracuse
Duke

Football:
LSU
Tennessee
Florida State
Washington

Multiple sports or other sports:
Okie State (golf, baseball, Cross Country)
Colorado (Cross Country)
Wisconsin (Cross Country)

Academic/Athletic:
Michigan
Stanford (To me, Stanford is the pinnacle of balancing top academics and top athletics, including the big money making sports as well as the other sports including Cross Country, Baseball, Golf…)

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Well I pay a **** load of tuition for two kids at CU Boulder so I'd have to say the Buffs. Even before that I always had a soft spot for CU because I had many relatives here and still do.

Reactions: drlove

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In some ways…Iowa…but it’s complicated because other times least favorite.

Kind of enjoy pulling against Ohio St in fb and KU in basketball.

I used to go to OK state wrestling camps as a kid so always liked them a little.

Reactions: Raiders70

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Utes, Washington State, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State.

I know people are annoyed by Utah right now, but having lived there it’s a good school and I’ll never root for BYU.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
ISU
Whoever is playing EIU that week, GO Kentucky.

Started rooting more for Clemson since my son moved to S. Carolina last year and my grandson has become a Clemson fan, even though they live right outside Columbia.

My dislike for Texas has grown over the past few years, going from its UT whatever, to hope they never win and cannot wait for them to leave the conference, after my youngest son married a UT grad. Love my daughter in law, but man, cannot stand the school she roots for. Tired of the UT arrogance about everything that is remotely connect to UT. Move to the SEC, no problem just need a few years, as an example.
Gross. What town?

Go usc Gamecocks and always have to cheer for my current employer bearcats

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Gross. What town?

Go usc Gamecocks and always have to cheer for my current employer bearcats
Rather not say, buts is like 10 minutes from their house to the S. Carolina campus. Really a very pretty area, I could retire in the area. Close to the ocean, and the mountains, both a few hours away at most.

Really surprised that there is not more parking around the stadium, but I did really think the train cars were cool, would be a fun way to tailgate before and after the game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
KSU (although a few of their fans annoy me), Tech, NC State (my niece and her husband went there), and Wisconsin (because Iowa fans hate them and I love the state).

A few of my close friends road tripped to every big 12 school by going to one away game a year. They started shortly after the big 12 first formed, so some of those schools aren’t even there anymore. I can’t remember who they started with but they finished with West Virginia. They said they were only treated poorly by a few Sooner fans and were treated at least decent everywhere. They said they were treated the best at Oklahoma State and next would be West Virginia. They said the good old boys in the parking lot in Morgantown were just happy they were there and wouldn’t let them take out their tailgating stuff. They fed them well and got them drunk on beer and moonshine.
I've been to most schools new and old.
WV has GREAT fans. They will absolutely offer you moonshine and invite you to their tailgates.
Worst, and it isn't close is Mizzou. Racist comments everywhere.
Texas surprisingly has good fans.

Reactions: JVAR

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I've been to most schools new and old.
WV has GREAT fans. They will absolutely offer you moonshine and invite you to their tailgates.
Worst, and it isn't close is Mizzou. Racist comments everywhere.
Texas surprisingly has good fans.

Mizzou fans are terrible, followed by Tech, then Aggie.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Utes, Washington State, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State.

I know people are annoyed by Utah right now, but having lived there it’s a good school and I’ll never root for BYU.
Their fans might be annoying but I like the Utah coach and the way their team plays