Favorite movies that are so bad they are good

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
So much of the 70's entertainment offerings were cringeworthy. JMHO. I think maybe KC might agree.

The blatant sexism in the Airport movies is comical to watch.

Capt. Joe Patroni : Gee, I remember this Eurasian gal. She had these great big blue eyes. They called her the tarantula. You ever run into her?

Capt. Paul Metrand : No, I don't think so.

Capt. Joe Patroni : You'd remember if you did. She was a real ball breaker!!
-------------
Capt. Joe Patroni : She's his fourth wife. He always was a horny bastard. There's this story that back in the 20's when he was barnstorming he made a bet that he could put it to this good lookin' wing walker. He boffed her right out on the wing a thousand miles above El Paso. His ass got so sunburned he couldn't sit down a week!

Isabelle : You pilots are such... men.

Capt. Joe Patroni : They don't call it the cockpit for nothing, honey.

• Funny
Reactions: MeanDean

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The blatant sexism in the Airport movies is comical to watch.

Capt. Joe Patroni : Gee, I remember this Eurasian gal. She had these great big blue eyes. They called her the tarantula. You ever run into her?

Capt. Paul Metrand : No, I don't think so.

Capt. Joe Patroni : You'd remember if you did. She was a real ball breaker!!
-------------
Capt. Joe Patroni : She's his fourth wife. He always was a horny bastard. There's this story that back in the 20's when he was barnstorming he made a bet that he could put it to this good lookin' wing walker. He boffed her right out on the wing a thousand miles above El Paso. His ass got so sunburned he couldn't sit down a week!

Isabelle : You pilots are such... men.

Capt. Joe Patroni : They don't call it the cockpit for nothing, honey.

When I read those lines, I heard them as if it was from "Airplane!"

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, he's pretty much doing a live-action Kent Brockman the whole movie.

"I for one welcome our new insect overlords and I’d like to remind them as a trusted TV personality I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in the underground sugar caves."

"Things aren’t as happy as they used to be down here at the unemployment office. Joblessness is no longer for philosophy majors. Useful people are starting to feel the pinch."

Shearer has a pretty kicking list of characters, though...

Reverend Lovejoy
Mr. Burns
Smithers
Flanders
Pondskipper Skinner
Lenny
Kang

...and a couple of others.

Uh huh.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Geez I need to watch that again.

I think there was actually a musician a few years ago that said the getting lost on the way out to stage does happen.

be102f-20170208-spinal-tap.jpg

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The Chase - Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson get it on in the middle of a car chase; also Anthony Kiedis and Flea from RHCP are bad guys

Showgirls
100.webp

Speed - Keanu, Sandra and Dennis all delivered some horrible dialogue. Dennis Hopper's "I'm coming for you Jack" makes me smile every time

Oh man when I was young I loved the Chase. Kristy was my crush at the time. Was really sad to see her Playboy spread as she got a horrible boob job

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Blatant sexism ran rampant through many movies from the 70s, period.

BTW - I'm pretty sure George Kennedy (Joe Patroni) was the only connecting character in all four Airport movies.

You're counting the two "serious" ones with the slapstick ones?