Favorite ride at Adventureland?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I haven't been there for probably 7 years, but I always loved the log ride and Raging River (the lines are the only drawback), and I've also always enjoyed a good tilt-a-whirl. Not a fan of the roller coasters or Space Shot (only ever been on the Tornado because a group of friends made me do it). I'm scared s*itless of heights.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I will say that while it has been a long time since my last visit to adventureland, my last theme park experience was at Six Flags in LA. Went with my brother and cousin-in-law from park open to close and was never more sore than after that day. The rides there really blow the adventureland's of the country away, where all of the roller coasters have raging river like lines. Favorite was Superman where you shoot up 41 stories while going from 0-100mph in 7 seconds then free fall backward. Simply amazing.

We go to Cedar Point in Sandusky nearly every year, and it puts Adventureland to shame. We have some friends that get free tickets to Adventureland every year for one day, and that day happens to be tomorrow. Its almost not even worth going to Adventureland after you've been to Cedar Point in the same year.

Adventureland really needs to invest in one or two top-flight roller coasters like the Raptor, Millenium Force or Maverick. They could really attract some big crowds from the surrounding states. You haven't ridden a coaster until you've ridden one of the big ones there or at some of the Six Flags parks.

As for the best rides at Adventureland, I'd probably go with the Space Shot and the Sidewinder. I won't even go on the Tornado anymore, its in such ridiculously bad shape now.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Best: The falling star, galleon, der flinger, and the dragon (a very relaxing ride).
Worst: The underground and when it was there, The Mixer.

I remember the build up for the underground was actually pretty big and when I finally got to ride it that first season I don't remember a single person not being disappointed. It was billed as a new rollercoaster but it was a crappy animatronic ride. The mixer was slow, wrenched your balls, and generally shook every last cent out of your pockets. I hated that ride.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Just got back from valley fair in Minnesota and it just showed that adventureland really needs to invest in a couple cool new roller coaster. Oh and sidewinder #1

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
We go to Cedar Point in Sandusky nearly every year, and it puts Adventureland to shame. We have some friends that get free tickets to Adventureland every year for one day, and that day happens to be tomorrow. Its almost not even worth going to Adventureland after you've been to Cedar Point in the same year.

Adventureland really needs to invest in one or two top-flight roller coasters like the Raptor, Millenium Force or Maverick. They could really attract some big crowds from the surrounding states. You haven't ridden a coaster until you've ridden one of the big ones there or at some of the Six Flags parks.

As for the best rides at Adventureland, I'd probably go with the Space Shot and the Sidewinder. I won't even go on the Tornado anymore, its in such ridiculously bad shape now.

You're comparing Adventureland to one of the best amusement parks in the world. Really?

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Tornado.

Six flags over Texas is the best themepark I've been to. Six flags in at louis was also a lot of fun. Someday i want to make it out to cedar point

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You're comparing Adventureland to one of the best amusement parks in the world. Really?

To be fair, just about any park puts adventureland to shame.

Cedar Point is awesome though.

As for 'best ride at adventureland'... rode the tornado over 100 times one day with a friend back in middle school\early high school... so id have to go with that.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Silly silo. Guaranteed to make you sick if you go on it for few times in a row!

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
As long as it's still standing, the Tornado is still the one, probably because it was the first roller coaster I was ever on. Of course the next year after I first went to Adventureland, we went to Six Flags Great America in Chicago & Worlds Of Fun in the same year. After that I always thought Adventureland was small time.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
They still have the Super Screamer?? That thing was on its last leg the last time I was there in the early 90's. I think it was over by the Gallion.

nocsiou

Sep 6, 2010
Some guy let me ride the Silly Silo 7 times in a row without exiting. I couldn't really walk for like 15 minutes. That thing is awesome and fun to watch the victims exit the ride.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I went to their website to see what kind of rides they still have there and found this picture. If this doesnt scream, "Iowa amusement park", I'm not sure what does:

outlaw___.jpg

Mullet with an America shirt, plus the little kid with a mohawk...booya