Fennelly has a 100% graduation rate at ISU

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I noticed this article on cyclones.com and thought it was pretty impressive.

The five seniors add to head coach Bill Fennelly’s legacy of success on the court and in the classroom. The quintet will join all of the former women’s basketball players who have graduated from Iowa State after finishing their playing career for the Cyclones, making for a 100 percent graduation rate under Fennelly.

Cyclone Seniors Make Final Appearance at Hilton - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

I don't know the graduation rates of other WBB programs to compare that to, but 15 seasons of everyone graduating says great things about the program he's built here. :smile:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Glad to see that Aus will be finishing her degree this summer, I wondered about that since the WNBA draft/season began before school let out.

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
I would assume that "finishing their playing career for the Cyclones" would not include every wbb student-athlete under Fennelly...but only those who played for 4 years.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Awesome. What a great guy, there's really not much more to be said than that.

I remember hearing something like this about Pat Summit at Tennessee a year ago or so. Pretty cool stuff.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I would assume that "finishing their playing career for the Cyclones" would not include every wbb student-athlete under Fennelly...but only those who played for 4 years.

I agree...his graduation percentage of all women's players would be a tad bit lower based on transfers. BUT...the transfers still might graduate on time.