Ferentz to KC Talk (rumored)

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Lots of talk on Twitter from sportscasters in KC saying KF could go to the Chiefs if Pioli sticks around. Just speculation and rumors, but wanted to know what others thought of this. If you're in Memphis, have a good time!

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I dont pay attention to it anymore. They have been saying this for years now and nothing has ever happened. If he goes, then I will start discussing it.

K

KFitzy87

Kurt just doesn't have it in him to leave the pasture in Iowa ******

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
lol. Sorry, I know that there are some good, decent Chiefs fans who post on this board, and they don't deserve this, but god I hope this ends up coming true. It would make me smile immensely.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Would be very surprised - KF can meander through mediocrity and get paid boat loads - why leave that gig.

Then again, if he sees it circling the drain over there, why not get out now? Iowa has huge question marks for next year, and a tougher schedule. His buyout another year smaller. If he posts another 4-8 clunker of a season, he could be fighting for his job in 2014.

If he goes pro, and gets similar money to a guy like Greg Schiano, (5 years 15 mil) it's not like he's leaving a whole lot of money on the table. And if it doesn't work out, he can always come back to the college ranks. Other schools will give him a try, for sure.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Then again, if he sees it circling the drain over there, why not get out now? Iowa has huge question marks for next year, and a tougher schedule. His buyout another year smaller. If he posts another 4-8 clunker of a season, he could be fighting for his job in 2014.

If he goes pro, and gets similar money to a guy like Greg Schiano, (5 years 15 mil) it's not like he's leaving a whole lot of money on the table. And if it doesn't work out, he can always come back to the college ranks. Other schools will give him a try, for sure.

His youngest son is walking on for the Hawks next year, if IRC. Thats the one thing I can see holding KF back.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
lol. Sorry, I know that there are some good, decent Chiefs fans who post on this board, and they don't deserve this, but god I hope this ends up coming true. It would make me smile immensely.
I dislike you.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I dislike you.

I said I was sorry! I don't bear any specific ill will toward the Chiefs. I'd be just as happy if the rumors were about Buffalo or Jacksonville. Although admittedly, the proximity of Kansas City to Iowa City would be icing on the cake.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I said I was sorry! I don't bear any specific ill will toward the Chiefs. I'd be just as happy if the rumors were about Buffalo or Jacksonville. Although admittedly, the proximity of Kansas City to Iowa City would be icing on the cake.

Why do you want Ferentz to leave? That's what a majority of Hawkeye fans want. I hope he's there until he dies.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Agree, but I'm hopeful Pioli is gone. I think it's pretty clear his style isn't cutting it in KC.

Continually bringing in backup quarterbacks who are bad and letting them be starters is a pretty bad style.